Chapter One

• Dedicated to Maxine Faye Bella

•Chapter 1

BRIANNA'S POV

"Oh Shit!!"

I said looking through my phone seeing that I'm late from school,by the way, my name is Brianna Collins, I am a boyish kind of girl, I live here in New York with my family, I am 17 years old and as always, I am late going to school. I got up from bed and quickly ran downstairs to eat breakfast.

I didn't saw my stepmother downstairs pheww, She's always there telling me what to do, but surprisingly today, no!..

I ate 2 Pancakes, some eggs and a bread while listening to the radio. After I ate, I ran to the bathroom to take a bath and rushly went upstairs after. I quickly closed the door of my room, cause in this kind of time, my stepmother will wake up.

I quickly put on my clothes and get my bag. I sneakily went down the stairs to go to the front door, when i'm about to turn the door knob, I heard someone calling my name.

"You're late again, Brianna" .My stepmother said looking really disappointed. Suprise!

"Yeah... sorry for tha-" I was about to say something but she cutted me off.

"You'll be doing the laundry later because of this". She said, and left

This is one of the punishment that she always made me do just for being late for school, She always treat me like an animal in a cage trying to get away. But every time I get out, she always whip me

I never told my dad about it, cause I know she'll do anything just to make me suffer -____- . I grabbed my books and rushed to go to school. I was running at the sidewalk when suddenly someone bumped on me.

All my books fell down, so I knelt down to get them.

"Oh, sorry let me help you with that" the guy with a hood said helping me. He's a bit cute actually, even though that I can't see him much. He has a Curly hair and Green eyes to be exact.

"There, I gotta go Sorry again, Bye!" the guy said, waving and running off. Well that's interesting, he don't even know me and he waved at me goodbye like he's my friend.

"Okay, Goodbye.. ahh..good-looking guy thanks again.." I said, continuing rushly running up to school.

When I reached school I was walking to my locker when suddenly a ball hit my head, Ouch!. I touched the part of my head where the ball hitted. I turned around I saw those 3 so-called famous girls in school. Jane, Charlotte and Leina they always bully me and making my ordinary life into a hell since 4th grade.

They always humiliate me in front of people and sometimes they blackmail me, but I'm used to it.

"Well, well, well... What do we have here?" Charlottle said coming closer to me. I just ignored them and continued going to my locker. When I reached my locker they made a circle around me,

"Come on, tomboy we just wanna talk"Jane said with a mocking voice.

"I don't care about your shit" I cussed trying to escape them.

"Excuse me?!" Charlotte said looking shocked from what I said. Charlottle grabbed my shoulder and tightening it "Look tomboy, we just want you to get away from Nathan okay?"

"What's going on here?"

A familiar voice said behind her. Oh Great, Good timing Nathan! Nathan was a friend of mine since we're 1st grade, he's the one who's always helping me from getting bullied. But now, He's like the most popular boy here in our school.

"Oh, Hi Nathan! I was just talking to her. We're on our way to leave now actually, Bye! See you later, my love" Charlotte said walking away with Leina and Jane look so embarrassed..I watched them walk away while Nathan was walking towards me

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked me

"Y-Yeah Im okay, tnx.." I shortly replied.

"C'mon lets go to class" Nathan said helping me carrying my books .Hes not just handsome he's kind too. Me and Nathan talked while we're walking to class. Girls all around us had a crush on Nathan and so do I that's why I still have some luck left.

He's half Korean and I know everything about him, but I'm not a stalker or something. it's just that were friends. just friends.

When we reach our classroom, it looks like our teacher is still not here. Thank goodness we're not late cause if we are, hello detention. As we walk inside, all the girls were staring at me like they're gonna kill me, as always.

I went to my sit at my seat which is clearly next to Jane, lucky right? She just looked at me, and when I did the same to her, she rolled her eyes and looked at the other way to talk to her friends. Which s Charlottle and Leina.

Well, as usual, our classmates scattered around the room to talk to their friends. While me, just sitting here all alone. Nathan was talking to his guy friends. Of course he needs to talk to some boys too, if he only talk to me, everyone might think he's gay or something. But I don't want that to happen.

We waited for minutes for our teacher to came. Oh look science, my most hated subject ever. Oh how I wish to just stay at home, watching TV and eating pizza.