Chapter 5: Friends

After carrying the girl around the hospital for a while, Amelia decided to go eat something. She headed to the cafeteria and noticed people were staring at her. She saw Callie on a table eating and headed there.

"Hi" Amelia said.

"Oh hi" Callie said looking up and Amelia took a seat and placed the girl on her lap.

"Who's this princess?" Callie asked smiling at Olivia who got shy and hid her face on her new bear. Amelia smiled at the adorable reaction.

"Oh this is my friend Olivia." Amelia said happily.

"Hi Olivia. What a pretty name" Callie said tickling the little girl arm.

"Callie do you mind grabbing us something there?" Amelia asked with a face that said 'there's no way she'll let me go'.

Callie smiled and said yes.

"So Livy what do you wanna eat?" Amelia asked and the girl stayed quiet.

"Huuumm How about some cereal? Would you like that?" Amelia said.

"Yes" Olivia said shyly and Callie smiled at the little girl's sweet voice.

"What about you?" Callie asked Amelia.

"Just a salad is fine. I'm not really hungry" she said.

"Okay" Callie said and left.

"Dr. Shepherd." Olivia said.

"Just Amelia honey" Amy said.

"Sorry" Liv said.

"It's okay" Amelia smiled. "What did you want to say?" She asked the girl who took her head out of her hidden spot and stared right at Amelia's eyes.

"Where's Susan?" Olivia finally had the courage to ask.

"She had to go home but she'll come see you." Amelia said and the girl looked sad.

"Do you miss her?" Amelia asked and Olivia nodded yes.

"What about your mommy?" Amelia asked.

"Celia is not my mommy" Olivia said pronouncing the woman's name wrong. "My mom is in heaven" the little girl explained.

"Is Sean your dad?" Amelia asked just to see what the girl would say.

"No" Olivia answered sounding like she was staring the obvious. "Dad's with mommy" she added sadly.

"Oh honey. Your parents love you very very much" Amelia said feeling very sorry for the girl.

"My real parents?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah. But you don't think Sean and Cecilia love you?" Amelia asked and Olivia shook her head no and hugged the woman tight.

Amelia knew something was definitely wrong and when she was about to ask Callie Torres went back.

"So here it is. A salad for you and Cheerios for the princess" Callie said putting the tray on the table.

"Alright. So let's eat, Liv?" Amelia said. Olivia sat straight on Amelia's lap and Amelia put her down right next to her on the bench. But the girl barely reached the table.

"Do you want to sit on my lap so you can eat?" Dr. Torres asked and the girl hid her face on Amelia's arm.

"It's okay. She's cool" Amelia said as she was telling the child a secret. "She won't hurt you I promise" she added and the girl let go. Amelia put the blanket and the bear on the table and Callie picked the girl up and sat her on her lap unable to hide the worried look on her face. Why was the girl so scared of someone hurting her? Was she scared of Doctors or just people in general? She thought.