Chapter 31: Lynn, The Nanny

It was 8:36 when Lynn got back. Amelia was sitting in the living room watching "beauty and the beast" with Olivia.
"Hi" Lynn said smiling. "You're awake"
"Oli. This is Lynn. She's going to take care of you when I have to work" Amelia said.
"She's a nanny?" Olivia asked shyly.
"I am" Lynn said. "I take care of Zola, Bailey and Ellis. And now I'm going to take care of you too" Lynn added.
"Is that okay?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah. I never had nanny before" Olivia said.
"Oh I think you're gonna like it." Lynn smiled. "We're going to play around and read books if you want. Maybe watch movies. We'll have all sorts of fun while Amy works."
"But you'll come back soon?" Olivia asked Amelia.
"Yes. I'm not leaving honey. It's just work" Amelia said.
"Yeah Olivia. She'll just stay away for a while and then she'll be back really fast." Lynn said.
"Okay" Olivia said.
"Yeah?" Amelia asked impressed at how well Olivia took.
"Yeah" Olivia said and cuddled with Amelia.
"Am I gonna go to school?" The little girl asked.
"Yeah. We could go look at some school tomorrow. What do you think?" Amelia said smiling.
"Tomorrow?" Olivia asked. She didn't want to go to school the next day.
"just to look at it." Amelia said knowing exactly what was going through the child's mind.
"Oh" Olivia said.
"Would that be cool?" Amelia asked. "And maybe you can start next week?" Amelia said.
"Okay. But I can't walk by myself because my tummy hurts" Olivia said.
"Oh I think that till next week you're gonna be just fine" Amelia said.
"I will?" Olivia asked.
"Yeah" Amelia smiled.
"Okay then" Olivia smiled.
"And Amy what about my shot? Who's gonna give to me?" Olivia asked a little sad.
"Well when you're home and I'm working, Lynn will do it, alright?" Amelia said and Olivia nodded yes.
"And what about school?" She asked and Amelia and Lynn could see she was nervous.
"Well, the school have a really nice nurse that I'm gonna talk to and she'll do it for you" Amelia said.
"In my other school Miss Bishop did it and she never did on my bum. And what if... Um what if the nurse is not nice and do it?" Olivia asked.
"Where did miss bishop do?" Amelia asked.
"On my tummy and my leg" Olivia said.
"And they did it on your bum at home sometimes?" Amelia asked and Olivia nodded yes.
" but I don't want it on my bum more" Olivia said, her eyes filled with tears.
"How about if we make deal?" Amelia asked pulling the girl to her lap.
"I can tell your nurse at school to only do your tummy and your legs, okay?" She said and the girl nodded yes. "And then at home we can check if your tummy and your legs are okay to get the shot. So sometimes, if it's not too red and sore, we won't even have to do your bum for like a week" Amelia said.
"For a whole week?" Olivia asked surprised.
"Yeah. But only if it's not red or sore. Okay?" Amelia said.
"Okay" Olivia said.
"Do we have a deal?" Amelia asked.
"Yes" the girl said.
"And one more thing. You can't run away when it's time for your shot, okay?" Amelia said and the girl said okay.
"Are you just saying that or are you really gonna be brave and not run?" Amelia asked.
"I won't run." Olivia said serious.
"You can cry if you have to, alright?" Amelia said and Olivia nodded.
"So let's do it?" Amelia asked.
"Right now?" Olivia asked a little scared.
"Yeah. It's 9 already" Amelia said.
"Okay" Olivia said. Amelia put Olivia on the couch next to her and went to get everything. She explained to Lynn everything and sat Olivia on her lap.
"Lynn will do on your tummy, okay?" Amelia said.
"Okay" Olivia said sounding afraid.
"You're gonna be alright" Amelia said pulling the girl's dress up.
Lynn did it and Olivia just said Au a couple times and it was done.
"You did so good" Lynn smiled at her and put a little bandaid on.
Olivia turned and hugged Amelia.
"Did it hurt baby?" Amelia asked her.
"A little bit" Olivia said crying a little.
"Oh. It's okay. It's over now" Amelia said. Lynn felt bad for the girl. Amelia had explained to her that sometimes it does hurt more than others.
"Let's finish the movie then we can play huh?" Amelia said and Olivia sat back.

The rest of the day went fine. After the movie, while Lynn took care of Ellis, Amelia played with Olivia at the playroom and even asked her to read something. She was very impressed when the girl actually read a book. They drew and colored somethings together and then Amelia asked if she wanted to help her make Mac and cheese for them. Olivia was excited and said yes. She sat in the kitchen helping and then they ate. After lunch Amelia gave Olivia her pain meds and took her to the couch to watch a movie. 15 minutes into it and the girl was out. Amelia talked to Lynn a bit more about the girl.
Olivia woke up at 2:10 and drank some juice with Lynn, while Amelia got the computer to search for some schools. Lynn took the girl back to the living room and sat her on the couch next to Amelia.
They looked at some school and Lynn helped Amelia chose 2. She called them and schedule a visit for the next day. One at 3:30 and the other at 5. She thought it would be better to visit with the less amount of kids there as possible. Olivia was excited about the schools but she was a little scared too.
At 2:45, Lynn went to pick up the kids from school and Amelia stayed home watching Ellis and Olivia.
When the nanny got back with the kids Olivia was at playing with puzzles in the living room floor while Amelia sat on the couch with Ellis.
"Hi. Are you better?" Zola asked running to Olivia.
"I don't know" Olivia said.
"Do you wanna play with me?" Zola asked.
"Homework first Miss Zola" Lynn said.
"Okay" Zola said defeated and went to the dining table. She got her homework out and Lynn sat next to her in case she needed help. They were have done with the homework when Amelia walked in the dining room carrying Olivia.
"Do you guys know this one can read?" Amelia asked them.
"She can?" Zola asked smiling and Amelia nodded yes.
"Already?" Lynn asked and Olivia shyly nodded. "Can you show me?" Lynn asked handing a paper to Olivia.
"Mat-ch the p-pictures" Olivia said.
"That's really good Oli" Lynn said smiling.
"Amelia she might need a leveling test at school" she added.
"Do you think so?" Amelia asked unsure.
"They probably won't put her in pre-k. Her reading level is almost Zola's" Lynn answered.
"Oli , do you know how to do math?" Lynn asked.
"A little" the girl said.
"Can you try to do this for me?" Lynn asked getting Zola's math homework. "Put the answer here" she said giving her paper and a pen. Amelia put Olivia down on the chair next to Lynn and stayed standing behind her. Olivia looked like she was concentrating on the 4 questions on the paper.
1+3. She wrote 4. 3+5. 8. 6-3. 3. The last one was 1x2.
"I don't know the x yet" Olivia said giving the pen back to Lynn.
"The x means times. So 1 times 2. What do we have?" Lynn asked the girl.
"2?" Olivia asked.
"Are you asking me or are you answering?" Lynn smiled and Olivia giggled.
"Answering" Olivia said.
"And you are... Correct!" Lynn said and Olivia smiled big. "You are very smart miss Olivia.
"Thank you" Olivia said.
"Who taught you all these things?" Lynn asked curious. Amelia was just smiling proudly.
"I don't know. My teacher gave me a book one time" Olivia said.
"And you read it and learned?" Lynn asked.
"Yeah but Susan helped too" Olivia said.
"I think you'll love your new school" Lynn said and Olivia smiled. "And Amelia they probably ask if you want to move her so you might want to start thinking about it." Lynn said. Amelia smiled.
"I'm all done. can we go play now?" Zola asked.
"Of course you can" Lynn smiled.
"Let's go Oli" Zola said and ran to the playroom.
Amelia picked Olivia up and took the girl to the playroom. She let the kids playing with Bailey, who was already there playing with trucks, and went back to talk to Lynn. They just talked about what she was thinking of Olivia and things like that.

.

.

****I don't know if you guys remember Lynn. She's that nanny Meredith left waiting the entire day at the hospital one time and when she went to talk to the woman she cried and Lynn hugged her and everything. Well, I'm assuming she's the nanny still so =)