Chapter 58: Gone

"I didn't kidnap anybody. She's my daughter" Cecilia said angry still holding the gun to them.

"Put the gun down" the detective said. "Just put the gun down and give us the child" he said.

And suddenly Cecilia fired.

She fell down on the ground crying in pain.

As she fired a cop shot her in the arm. Luckily the shot she fired didn't hit anybody.

"You're under arrest for the kidnapping of Olivia Hayes. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can ..." A cop said as he escorted her to the car.

"You! Check the main house with Phillip's team. We'll go for the one on the back" the detective said and they went inside the ranch.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

Olivia had heard the gun shots but she didn't know exactly what it was. She thought it sounded like fireworks.

She was laying on the bed when she heard a loud noise and jumped up scared. It was the cops bursting inside the small house.

"Olivia? Olivia Hayes?" They kept calling.

The little girl was too scared to go out. She was told to stay inside and not open the door to anyone.
The man calling her just made her more scared. What if Sean was there? She thought and started crying.

Suddenly the bedroom doorknob started moving. She hid under the bed and tried not to make a sound as she cried terrified.
The cop kicked the door open and they started searching the room.

She was shaking so much and trying to stay quiet when suddenly a man's face appeared in front of her.

"She's here. She's down here" the cop told the detective.

Olivia squished herself in the corner trying to get away from the man.

"It's okay sweetheart. We're the police. We'll take you to see your mommy. Come out" the man said softly trying not to scare the child.

Olivia's breathing was fast and she was crying a lot.

"Come out. It's okay" he said and handed out a hand.

The little girl took it and crawled out.

"Come here" the detective said and picked her up.

"She's blonde" one of the cops said.

"Did she dye your hair honey?" The detective asked the girl.
Olivia looked at him and just nodded yes.

"I want my mommy" the little girl said and started sobbing a lot.

"We are going to take you to her. Don't worry" the detective said and walked out of the house.
He placed Olivia inside the car and the little girl held his jacket tight.

"It's alright I'll drive" he said but she didn't let go and just kept crying.

"Okay, I'll go with you" he said. He had a child of his own and he knew how the small girl was terrified. "McCay you drive" he told a lady cop and she went in the car.

Olivia cried the whole ride to the hospital.
It was protocol for them to take her there to get checked.
As soon as they got there the detective took her in and she could finally let go of him when she spotted April coming to check on her.

"Hi Olivia" April said.

"Where's mommy?" Olivia asked crying and basically throwing herself to April.

"She's coming" April said hugging the girl as Olivia rested her head on the woman's shoulder and hugged her tight.

"Can we get her a private room please" April said. She knew the little girl needed a quiet place.