Chapter 8: Visitors

Olivia woke up around 6:30 the next morning.

"Hi" Amelia said smiling as soon as the girl opened her eyes.

"Hi" Olivia said and smiled shyly.

"How are you feeling?" Amelia asked.

"Sleepy" the little girl said. "Can you hug me?" She asked.

"You want a hug?" Amelia asked smiling and the girl nodded. "A big one?"

"No. My head hurts" Olivia said and Amelia couldn't help but laugh.

"Ok a medium than" she said and hugged the girl.

"Am I going home today?" Olivia asked as Amelia let go of the hug.

"No. Not yet" Amelia said with her hand on the girl's cheek, her thumb moving slowly.

"Why? Do you want to go home?" She asked the girl, who just moved her shoulder in a way of saying 'I don't know'. Amelia sat on the bed and the girl laid her head down on her lap.

"Look honey." She said and Olivia looked up staring at Amelia's eyes.

"If you tell us what happened at home we can help you" she said.

"I can't" Olivia said and her eyes filled with tears.

"Did they scream at you or maybe hit you? What happened baby?" Amelia asked and the girl hid her face with her blanket.

"Liv. I just want to help and if you tell me-" Amelia said.

"Stop it" Olivia cried. Amelia didn't know what to say and she felt bad so she pulled the girl to her lap.

"I'm sorry" she said while hugging the child.

"I'm hungry" Olivia said. She clearly didn't want to talk about that.

"Alright I'll get you breakfast" Amelia said. She put Olivia back down on the bed and wiped the girl's face.

"I'll be right back" she said and walked to the door. She stopped at the door and saw a nurse so she asked for some food for the child.

They ate breakfast and sat together on the bed to watch a movie.

A while later Amelia asked if Olivia wanted to shower and the girl said yes. Amelia helped her shower and get dressed. The woman put a diaper on the girl just in case and then they laid back on the bed.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

At 9am Olivia needed her shot. It was in her belly so she asked Amelia to hold her. She cried a little but that time it didn't hurt that bad.

The entire day, if Olivia wasn't sleeping she was snuggling with Amelia and watching cartoons. She had to take the shot 2 times, from 12 am to 6pm, which meant she was getting better. The first time she was asleep and didn't wake up, the second one she cried a little because it was on her leg and it hurt. But Amelia walked around the room holding her till she calmed down.

Around 6pm, Olivia woke up to find Amelia talking to Callie.

Callie said Olivia's sister had called and said they were stopping by after her father was done working. Callie had asked Amelia how the girl was doing and she told her everything.

"Hi" Callie said when she saw the girl was awake. Olivia sat on the bed.

"Amelia" she said.

"Yes honey?" Amelia asked worried. The girl didn't look very good.

"I don't feel good" Olivia. "My head hurts" Olivia said with tears filling her eyes.

"Here" Amelia said grabbing the medicine. She poured some and handed to the girl. Olivia drank.

"It's taste horrble" she said pronouncing it wrong.

"I know baby I'm sorry" Amelia said smiling and gave the child some water.

"So did you have a good sleep?" Callie asked sitting at the end of the bed.

"Yeah" Olivia said, grabbed her pacifier and crawled to the lady's lap.

"So you like her now?" Amelia asked smiling and Olivia nodded yes.

"I'm cool right?" Callie said hugging the girl.

"You're nice" Olivia said making their hearts melt.

"Aww thank you sweetheart. You're very nice too" Callie said kissing the girl's head.

Suddenly Owen walked in. Olivia put the pacifier on her mouth and hugged Callie scared.

"It's okay. I think he's cool too" Callie told her as if telling a secret.

"I brought a special delivery for Miss Olivia" Owen said. Callie turned around so Olivia would face the door and Susan walked in.

"Hi" Susan said getting close to Callie and Olivia.

Olivia threw herself in Susan's arms. The girl picked her up and Olivia started crying.

"It's okay Olie. You're okay" Susan said moving around with the girl. Callie and Amelia were glad someone in that family seemed to actually care.

"Amelia" Olivia called out and Amelia picked her up and sat on the couch with the girl on her lap. Susan sat next to them.

"You gotta hide that baby" Susan said pointing to the dummy and Olivia took the pacifier out.

"Can you hold for me?" She asked Callie.

"Of course I can" Callie said. "I'll hide right here" She said putting it on her lab coat pocket.

"Olivia!" Cecilia said at the door. Cecilia stood between Hunt and Rose James, the social worker. And Sean stood behind his wife.

Amelia felt the girl tense up as she hid her face on her chest.

"Hey what happened? You won't talk to me now? Come with mom" Cecilia said putting a lock behind Olivia's ear, acting loving out of nowhere. Even Susan looked weirded out by that but she knew what her mom could do.

"Come on" Cecilia said and Olivia went leaving her blanket with Amelia. Cecilia picked her up and the girl laid her head on the woman's shoulder so she would face Amelia.

"Do you have a diaper on?" Cecilia asked and the girl eyes opened wide.

"Oh no mom. That's just magical underwear" Susan said and the girl threatened a smile.

"Are you okay?" Cecilia asked but Olivia didn't answer.

"She's doing much better" Callie said.

"I haven't met you before have I?" Cecilia asked.

"Oh no. I'm ortho" Callie said.

"Did she hurt herself or ?" Cecilia said looking afraid.

"No. No. She's okay. " Callie said.

"So...?" Cecilia said.

"I'm just keeping her company" Callie said wondering why the woman acted like that.

"Well, we'll take you home soon okay lili?" Cecilia said and water filled Olivia's eyes. Susan saw and took her hand to her mouth and made a quiet/hush sign with her hand.

"Don't" she mouthed and Olivia took a deep breath. Cecilia felt the girl's body shake a bit.