Chapter 38: A Second Mother

"Don't do that." Olivia said fast giggling excited. "You can't do that mommy" the girl said and both women froze.
As soon as Olivia realized what escaped her mouth she took both hands and covered her mouth. Her eyes started spilling the tears so fast she couldn't stop them. She started sobbing.
"Oh baby" Amelia said standing up and going to pick the girl up but Olivia pulled away.
"No" she sobbed but Amelia insisted and picked her up. She hugged the girl tight. "It's okay. It's alright. Don't cry baby. It's okay" she kept repeating while walking around the room trying to calm the child down.
"I'm sorry" Olivia cried.
"No baby. Don't apologize. It's alright" Amelia said.
"She's gonna be mad" Olivia sobbed.
"What?" Amelia said.
"She'll be sad. My Mommy is gonna be sad" Olivia cried.
Amelia finally understood what was happening.
"Oh honey she won't" Amelia said and sat down next to Callie on the couch with Olivia on her lap. The girl wouldn't let go of her but she wouldn't look at her.
"She will" Olivia said.
"Olivia. Your mom wants you to be happy honey. And if you're happy with Amelia she's happy for you. She's not mad or sad" Callie said.
"I promise you she won't be mad because you have a second mommy that loves you very much now." Amelia said and Olivia looked at her still crying. "Honey I won't replace your mom okay? I won't. But I want to be your second mom of you let me. I really do." Amelia said. "I know it's hard to call me mom and you don't have to but if you want to it's okay. I swear to you she won't be mad" Amelia told the girl. Olivia hugged her. "Okay?" Amelia asked.
"Okay" Olivia said, her voice thick.
"Alright" Amelia said rocking the girl a little. "It's okay baby" she kept saying and finally realizing she was crying too. She looked at Callie and the woman also had tears in her face.
After a couple minutes of silence, Olivia said "you are my mommy now then?" She asked still crying.
"If you want me to be" Amelia said.
"I do" the girl said and bursted into tears again. Amelia stood up and hugged the girl tight.
"I'd love that" Amelia said crying too.
Olivia calmed a bit down so Amelia sat again and placed the girl on her lap.
"Are you okay?" Callie asked Olivia, who nodded yes. "So you have two moms now?" Callie smiled at the little girl. Olivia rested her head on Amelia's chest and stared at the woman.
"Can I call you mommy?" The little girl asked. She still had a couple tears escaping.
"Of course you can" Amelia said wiping Olivia's face with her hand. "You can call me anything you like" she said. "But not bad words" she added laughing and Olivia laughed too.
"I love you mommy Amelia" the little girl said. Amelia smiled big and said "I love you too Olivia" and hugged the girl.
"You two are too cute. You know that?" Callie said. "Look what you did to me!" She said wiping her face laughing.
Olivia and Amelia looked at her and laughed.
"Are you alright?" Callie asked Olivia.
"Yeah" Olivia said with a smile.
"Do you want to go home with your mommy now?" Callie said smiling.
"Are you sure she won't be sad?" Olivia asked Amelia again.
"I promise you she won't. She just wants you to be happy baby" Amelia said. "Okay?"
"Uhum" Olivia said and hugged the woman again.
"So let's go?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah" Olivia said and Amelia stood up.
"Here" Callie said handing the girl her blanket. Olivia rested her head on her mother's shoulder and hid her face on the woman's hair, holding her blanket tight.
"So Callie, How about a picnic with the girls tomorrow?" Amelia said.
"Sure" Callie smiled. "Would that be fun Olivia?" She asked the girl.
"You'll take Sofia?" Olivia asked taking her head of her hiding place.
"Yes I will" Callie smiled and Olivia smiled at her.
"Alright than. We'll see you tomorrow" Amelia said.
"Bye" Olivia said.
"Bye Oli" Callie said smiling and they left. Torres was really happy for them. She loved the little girl and couldn't be happier at how everything was going.
.
GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS
.
"Do you want to have lunch here or at the mall?" Amelia asked Olivia as she walked through the hallway.
"Mall" Olivia said.
"Of course it's mall. What a dumb question" Amelia said laughing and Olivia laughed too. "Look who's there" Amelia said and Olivia turned around to look. Owen was standing at the nurse station talking to Webber.
Amelia walked there.
"Hi" Owen said. "How was it?" He asked. "Good actually" she said. And she wasn't lying. In fact it went okay and the psychologist just asked very simple questions.
"What's going on?" Richard asked as he noticed Amelia's silly smile.
"Oli, Do you want to tell them who I am now?" Amelia asked the girl who shyly rested her head on Amelia shoulder but managed to still look at Owen. "Who am I Oli?" Amelia smiled big.
"Mommy" the little girl said shyly.
Owen's face light up. Richard was smiling too.
"That's wonderful" Owen smiled at Amelia. He could see how happy the woman was.
"We're going to have lunch at the mall now" Amelia told him.
"You take care of your mommy okay?" Richard told the little girl who nodded yes.
"I'll stop by tonight" Owen told Amelia.
"Bye Owen" Olivia said. "Bye doctor" she told Richard.
"His name is Richard" Amelia said laughing.
"Bye ri- Richard" she said. They laughed as she second guessed how she would say it.
"Bye Olivia" Richard smiled.
And they headed out to the car.