lily wakes up to an announcement. they were close to landing and she looks over to her side. where she finds lisa sleeping at peace with all her joints spread apart. looking as comfortable as anyone could ever look in a crammed plane. because it was holiday season.

"lisa."

"hm?"

she answers seconds after contemplating on answering or not. she decides to answer and as she does so. she stretches out to her fullest satisfaction while yawning. almost swinging at lily too, but thankfully she misses.

"our flight is landing in a few minutes."

"ok, 'm gonna wash."

the sleepy answers in slurs because of her recent awakening. then lily looking back to twenty minutes ago when she had washed herself.

"don't go in the right, doesn't smell good in there."

"thanks."

//

"two large filet-o-fishes, frozen coke as the drink and two sweet n' sour sauces. please."

"thank you, that comes down to ____₩. please stand on the right hand side."

the elder of the two follows the server's kind hand gesture. kindly guiding her to the side because of her noticeable thick foreign accent. everyone present at the fast food restaurant had noticed she wasn't from around, her friend looked the same too.

smiling gratefully, lily walks over to lisa. found sitting at a stool parallel to the counter. but not before tapping on the shoulder of a stranger who lisa finds herself being curious. privately questioning lily's new "friend". they're talking with each other, unable to falter their fake smiles to one another. then after quite some time, lisa chooses to get up and join the conversation, as well as introducing herself.

"ye– oh! this is my friend, lisa. she was on the plane with me."

lily introduces lisa to the stranger, saving the plus one to speak. the stranger does not let go of his happy expression, his dimples clearer than before and eyes brighter than previously. he bows and stretches out for a handshake.

"nice to meet you. i'm namjoon kim."

"hello, my name is lisa tran."

she bows, mimicking his earlier gesture and then responding to his hand with a light touch and a small sway.

"namjoon is an acquaintance, i met him on the plan for a brief moment."

lisa smiles awkwardly, not adjusted to the stranger– namjoon yet. she cusses inwardly, criticising herself because of her failed attempt to smile. but then an employee from the marble table disrupts her train of complaints of "why did i smile so weirdly?" and "he must think i hate him now."

"number 173!"

"sorry, be right back. that's our call."

lisa halts at the sound of namjoon's voice again. he had suggested something that involved her.

"wait. would the two of you like to eat with me?"

"absolutely."

lily responds to namjoon's request. while lisa walks towards the employee with their order, leaving upon officially hearing lily's reply.

during the time they were waiting for namjoon's food order to be called. they talk about their lives, involving oversea study transfers and rich companies. upon hearing the anticipated numbers, the male out of three excuses himself and walks away from their conversation.

"even though his second language is english. he's so sophisticated."

"i know yeah. i'm having a hard time catching up."

lisa, spun her head towards lily. amazed because lily has only been confused around adults who spoke to her parents at business parties.

"wow. lily chihyun, the heir of–"

"shut up."

"right, sorry. a little too much."

lisa apologises. her humour getting the best of her.

the three continue their chitchat over food, eagerly swallowing the food down to reply to one another's questions.

"hold on."

lily starts.

"before we continue. can we talk carelessly, i feel like we're a bit too uptight about each other."

"definitely."

the three slouch in exhaustion, and the burst with laughter at their unexpected sync.

"so, how did you learn big as words?"

"reading and the lot. i actually learnt how to speak english by watching f.r.i.e.n.d.s and the help of a dictionary. isn't that fucking amazing?"

"fuckin' mind blowing actually. do you have a crazy iq or something?"

"yep. iq of one-four-eight. it was recorded when i was in my first year of middle school. what about you two? how are you guys so... well educated?"

"we're rich. self-explanatory."

"must be tough."

namjoon sympathises, understanding the usual and cliché life of rich kids.

"i don't have it as tough as lily though. her father is one of the most powerful people in australia, it's shocking how i'm friends with her."

"i'm even surprised i have any friends, because they're so strict."

they carry along with their conversations, lifestyles, education and the far future and tomorrow. after all the food munching and information exchange. they leave each other but funny enough. they find each other riding the same bus and walking the same path. until a certain point namjoon walks onto the driveway of a cute and petite looking house– possibly where he lived.

then they officially part ways, after a hand signal, signifying a farewell.