17.

as planned they had stayed over taehyung's house for two days before heading off to another place. lily and tu yeun had become much closer since they both had a mutual interest in books, while lisa and so yeun had been sharing their love for camo clothing.

by talking to the family their korean had become better as well, and the family had finally figured out that they weren't from Korea so sometimes they'd have to help them out.

"unni!"

the more vibrant twin called out to the girls.

"i have gifts for you guys before you leave i wanted to give lily a simple charm bracelet, and I have a camo hat for you, lisa".

"awe, thank you so yeun".

"thanks so yeun".

"m-me too!"

the other duplicate calls out after walking downstairs in a rushed way, trying to get to them before they had left.

"i have gifts for both of you too! for lily, i have my favourite series for you, but i'm only giving you the first book s-so you have to come back and get the second one. and lisa since you said you were more into action and adventurous books, it's called 'z' and it's related to games as well".

"thank you, tu yeun!"

lily and lisa both thank him while reading the blurb. and since they weren't able to give them back a gift or anything, they just gave them a hug.

"you guys are the most well-behaves teens i've ever met."

lily compliments after receiving the farewell presents. and she gives them both a hug and a small peck on their foreheads; just a simple act of fondness. after lisa hugs the twins goodbye, she walks over to taehyung's mother along with lily; to get their last hug and short conversation until next time.

"i'm never washing my forehead again."

tu yeun whispers to himself but sadly so yeun was able to hear it and it makes her gasp.

"you like!–"

but tu yeun covers up her mouth before she can say the name.

"if you say anything to anyone, i'll tell everyone about your crush on–"

and he whispers the rest in her ear.

"you wouldn't!"

"if you do, i will."

"ok, ok. i won't then."

"pinky promise?"

tu yeun suggests.

"pinky promise."

and their promise is sealed.

"what're you guys promising each other?"

theur mum butts in.

"n-nothing!"

and so yeun fails to lie so tu yeun is just there to facepalm.

//

"i'll call you soon!"

taehyung yells and waves frivolously from the window as they drive away to their next destination. while everyone else bid them goodbye calmly.

"hyung where to next?"

jimin asks again.

"secret."

"then how long are we gonna take to get there?"

" 'bout twenty minutes"

"are we going to your house?!"

"yeah. hey guys, they might kick us out because i was a shit son and ran away from home."

"we have sleeping bags so it's ok hyung."

hoseok reminded everyone.

//

they were now in front of yoongi's house, but he wished they really hadn't been.

...

he was an absolute terrible son. drugs, alcohol, smoking, graffiti, theft and almost everything a legalised adult would do. but the problem was that he was underage.

his parents put up with all of his demands for more money and they weren't rich, they were between the middle class and lower. his father worked in a factory while his mum was a stall owner who sold sweets and little snack that you could eat while walking like ice cream or chips.

him and his friends had already gotten bored of the whole neighbourhood. they wanted something exciting to do since all the people they had bullied and threatened gave no reactions to what they had hurt them with. so they decided to run away and head to the city; seoul. something they stupidly forgot thought, was that the capital city of south korea obviously had a more stronger defence system in their officers.

before two months had passed, more than half of his gang had been arrested, joined other groups or ran away elsewhere. heading to seoul by yourself with a couple of stupid classmates of yours was absolutely terrifying. for a fifteen-year-old of course, but then after getting a grip on his life, yoongi decided to leave the group as well, disappearing from their sights and looking for a better route in his life.

he worked at first, starting off as a waiter, he was given chances since the son's owner, his close hyung; jin, had noticed his short fuse. many times he had scared the costumers away but the other staff members would either save him or take him away, leaving the situation to another waiter.

years past and yoongi had still been working at the cafe along with jin and namjoon who had just joined a year or two after him. then along came hoseok. by the time hoseok had applied for the job. yoongi's temper had disappeared and he replaced it with his tiredness, making it so that he's been way too tired to fight or yell.

jin had even offered to help him with school since he had skipped two years of "valuable" education. the runaway boy declined, he didn't want to bother jin, since he would be taking time out of his studies.

but everything was fine now, yoongi is happy, except for the fact that he hadn't seen his parent for over two years, but that was fine. he didn't want to interrupt their– probably– peaceful life without him.

...

"ok, i'm ready."

he said to himself.

"ready for what?"

he ignores jimin's question and moves to his front door.

and he knocks.

"just a minute!"

his mother calls out. but he isn't sure he's allowed to call her that anymore.

jin holds him by the shoulders and keeps him from going anywhere. he could feel the younger male shake and his clammy palms forced into a fist.

"hel– yoongi?"

he doesn't answer, he's just staring straight down keeping his vision steady because he's way too overwhelmed.

"yoongi answer her."

jin pats his shoulder and yoongi slowly raises his head, still not making any eye contact but he see the differences between his mum two years ago and now. her hair was slightly grey now, more wrinkles and she still wore the pyjamas she had worn two years ago, though it was now more worn out and the colour had faded.

"i'm home..."

he says softly, too embarrassed to look into his mum's eyes. and something unexpected happens. his mum hugs him, after treating her like crap, stealing the family's money, running away and coming back like he still lived there.

"welcome home yoongi."