18.

before she even says his name, he could already smell her unique aroma that he always loved. and by the time he even gets to breathe it in again, he's halted half way and his body does that thing when your crying. when you throat closes and opens up at random times, pulling on your vocal box and making it hard for yourself to stop others from knowing that you're crying.

//

after yoongi had started bawling, everyone knew that his relationship with his family was pretty bad but not to the point where he's half conscious and crying while dragging his mother down as he cries harder. so, his mother continues to comfort him and after he calms down a bit. she takes him to his room and continues to hug him, kiss him from time to time and starts their conversation about their seperate lives.

hours pass by and it was time for dinner, everyone had been starving but since one else but yoongi's mother knew the kitchen. but to their luck they came down and yoongi had seemed stable now, yet his eyes were still puffy-red and cheeks covered in faded tear marks. dinner had been cooked along with the help of yoongi, jin and jimin, which made everything three times faster and that everyone could eat earlier. and as it was served, everyone's mouthes had been dribbling and drooling.

but before they could dig in and destroy the visual, someone unlocked the door in one go and said.

"i'm home!"

"oh, honey!"

quite lovey dovey for a mid-forty year old married couple.

"guess what?"

"what?"

"yoongi's home!"

he was blank.

who was home? yoongi? his son? min yoongi? the one who left home two years ago? my son?

"yoongi?"

"yes! and he brought along some friends from seoul, i think."

dumbfounded he was, he came home from work, received his pay and ready to come home to eat his beloved wife's cooking. but something even better had happened! his son was home! what could be better?

"yoongi?"

yoongi comes out after his father's second call to him.

"y-yes?"

he's frozen again, his pulse is speeding, his tongue in a knot and his stomach curling.

"my son! my son is home!"

he opened up his arms and before yoongi could lift his head, he was already engulfed into a hearty embrace. seconds passed and their reunion had been interrupted by everyone's stomach growling in unison.

and a huge fit of laughter had appeared, ruining the touching moment. but it had meant that it was finally time to eat.

"you all can eat now."

"thank you for the food!"

they all say before taking their forks, spoons or chopsticks to grab whatever they wanted. the family of three watch the group as they chuck several foods into their mouthes and continue before swallowing.

"sorry you guys must've been incredibly hungry. but everyone please slow down or one of you is going to choke–"

just as yoongi's mother had warned, the shortest person in the house had been taking way more than she could swallow in one go.

lisa.

everyone's body froze (besides their mouthes) watching lisa who was choking, not even jin had been processing things through. not until yoongi's mother had stood up and gotten a cup of water and given it to lisa while patting her back.