it wasn't as bad as namjoon thought it would be. basic korean food was laid across the table. jin and hoseok thought that it'd only be right for them to have a korean meal if it was going to be their first meal made by their future friends.

lisa and lily's first experience at an asian school was about to start off with a late beginning since lily had, um. slightly slept in, only talking about thirty minutes in, ignoring her several alarms.

"god damnit lily."

lisa whispers underneath all sound, she was sitting on the kitchen counter. silently watching lily put on her skirt at the same time, eating her simple made toast with chocolate spread.

"should've woken me earlier then."

"i did, and you kicked me."

lisa points directly at the sore spot from earlier in the morning, when she was up close and shaking lily repetitively. and lily then stopped to take the time to focus on the stomach lisa was marking.

"why'd you stop moving? hurry, we're going to be late!".

"ok, ok."

//

they're casually walking into the unusually large school. upon hearing the signal for all students and teachers to walk into their homerooms, lily and lisa dash towards the office. but there was a delay, because they had a hard time finding since the school was approximately two times larger than their's in australia. even though their previous school owned a prestigious, rich background.

finally, they find the office and greeted the several teachers who weren't needed in morning homeroom.

"girls you are late."

a stern voice came from behind the girls almost making them scream but they hold their hands over their mouthes before they could disturb any classes.

"please fill out these forms and then you will be following me to your class."

and so they obey, trying to get the reputation of goody two shoes, but the idea probably already ruined, because of lily.

"i am kyunshim-nim, headmistress. and in the future; i am hoping that none of you will be late again. and also that you will have a wonderful time here depending however long you will stay."

"surely ma'am."

they continue walking and slowly end up the stairs where they're needed to go, so they can start their classes.

"this is where you will take almost all your subjects in. the subjects you won't be taking in here are your science, extra subjects and sport of course."

"now you will be joining your class, excuse me when i walk into the room to inform eunsoo-nim. your homeroom, maths and literature teacher."

she slides pass through the cyan coloured door and a line of mumbles are heard, both from the students and teachers.

"i'm surprised she can speak english."

"this school teaches advanced english. my dad purposely chose this school to save me time from learning korean."

"lit."

just in time when they had finished their tiny conversation, the headmistress comes out with a nod and sharp eyes. when she leaves they bow low until they hear her reaching the stairs. korean mannerism 101.

"girls; you may come in."

lily's heart skipped a beat, causing her to choke, while lisa was slightly shaking. lily finally slides the door open again, mimicking the headmistress.

give a strong impression. do not let them look down on you. and do not let them know you're rich.

lily tells herself, making sure to never fail her father's expectations.

"hello."

she says in english, another subtle surprise. she turns to the class and explains that lisa and lily are exchange students. before turning back to the new students she smiles and nods, signalling them to start.

lisa takes a deep breath trying to gain her confidence again, and luckily she achieves it.

"hi my name is tran lisa and i come from australia, born in vietnam. please don't be afraid to talk to me. i hope we have a good year together."

the class gives applause when lisa bows and then they turn their heads to the left where lily was about to piss herself from discomfort. her legs trembling from the unwanted attention.

"h-hi my name is chihyun lily, i also came from australia and was born there as well. i am half korean and half vietnamese. please forgive us for any mistakes we say while we try and communicate. i hope we have a good year together."

and she ends the same way lisa had, earning another small reaction from the class. she winces at the memory of her stutter though, her failed attempt to bring out the snobbiness in herself.

"lily and lisa your seats are at the back."

"thank you, ma'am."

they answer in courtesy.

"hello! my name is taehyung! kim taehyung!"

the classmate introduces in english, startling the two because they haven't heard a loud voice in such a long time.

"i'm chihyun lily."

"i hope we have a nice year together."

"same here."

the whole day flowed perfectly, they received their class schedules and luckily they started on a chill day. and their neighbours, taehyung and jimin made it even easier. they helped them throughout class, translating the korean and making class even more fun than ever with their carefree nature.

taehyung talked a bit about his jolly self, he lived in america for a few years, lived in america with his grandparents. the girls found him easy to talk to, he was loved by the class too. none of them could help but laugh at his clumsiness and bubbly persona. and jimin, park jimin. he wasn't as loud and whimsical as taehyung. he was a cool guy, didn't talk much because he was so stuck up with studying. his eyes glued to the black board with multiple chalked notes.

by five, the four had become acquainted.

"oh! do you two want to come and hang out with us? we're going to a cafe today."

"sure, we're never busy."

the two nod but before they get to leave the door or their seats. a bunch of girls swarm around the two, cutting out any sight from the girls. the girls barricading them squeal and ask various about how it was living in australia and they have any pet kangaroos and do drop bears actually exist. lisa and lily clear out the multiple lists of questions asked by their new classmates in an instant.

"let's go."

the girls swing their bags around their backs and calmly walk out the door with the two boys following behind.

"what was that?"

"stereotypical questions."

lily answers for the both of them.

"why aren't you guys fazed?"

shit.

the pair think.

"of course we were... just not surprised. kinda knew it was coming."

the sole reason why they wouldn't let anyone know they come from a wealthy family is because of their– well lily's unfortunate past. they were continuously bullied for money and taken for granted. lily's father even decided to homeschool her until middle school. the girls met in year seven (or first year of middle school), transferring mid-year into school. the name "chihyun" was enough to get them drooling over the thought of their bank savings.

no more repeating.