41.

days past and lily still hadn't come around to talk about her trip to australia. lisa knew it was something that constantly kept lily up at night. it also explained the reason why she was going out a lot, trying to get a load off her mind, and it seemed that the load that was stacked in lily's head. was not filled with the usual paperwork. it was something new this time. absolutely new.

she couldn't help but continue asking lily about everything because it was bothering her so much; and because she was nosy.

"lily–"

"lisa, fuck off. i don't want to talk."

"but–"

the older girl stands up, resulting her chair to fall back due to the sudden action and then walks over to the sink. throwing her plate into the basin and stomps off without making a single sign of care if the plates had broken or not. ot a single glance at lisa when she was sitting there wide-eyed, a bit intimidated by her silent outburst.

"lily–"

a loud slam was echoed throughout the house and the neighbours could probably hear it too. lisa leans back into her modern parson and sighs. she also knew all the questions that she had been bugging lily with were also increasing the stress on her young body. lisa then stands up as well, before getting her unfinished plate which looked quite unpleasant to her now since all these guilt related emotions were mixing inside her stomach. she bends down to pull up the chair that lily had pushed over before and pushes it in before pushing her own. after leaving the partly eaten dish into the sink, she walks up to lily's room and knocks on the door.

"lily."

there was no answer. lisa knocked again on the cold surface of the white painted door. no answer again. she reached out for the knob but finds it locked.

it's probably not that serious...

she thinks and walks back to her room which was right next door. but not even halfway to opening her door, she turns back and knocks onto the door again.

"lily?"

she calls again, but obviously no response. lisa places her ear on lily's door and listens to any sounds of her friend in the room. there was a tap running, and it was really loud. the water seemed to be hitting the bottom of the bathtub that they both had in their ensuites. she listened in for a few more seconds and there was suddenly no more noise.

she knows it's not something serious. but there's a weird churn in her stomach and it's worse than the feeling when she gets in front of the class and talks. lisa doesn't notice it but she was already speed walking towards the house keys that were hanging on the wall on the wall next to the fridge. and after she realises it, she remembers a traumatising scene from the past. two years ago to be exact. she doesn't try to recall it again but it involuntarily happens and it makes her mind jog even faster. lisa had already reached the door to lily's room and starts flicking through the five keys they had to the house.

the moment she touches the key to lily's room, there isn't a sign of mistake and she's already walked through the first locked door.

"lily?"

she calls again, there's no reply. lisa walks towards the bathroom and knocks.

"lily are you in here?"

it worries her, even more, when there's absolutely no sign of her best friend and no noise at all. she goes through lily's keys again and finds the one marked in black marker.

"L's bathroom key," she read.

she quickly unlocks the door again with no hesitation but there's a long pause when she is supposed to open the door. lisa pushes the door a little to see if there is any sign of a specific colour or any sign of mess. a little more of a push and the door is wide open. there's nothing but pyjamas on the floor, a mat with wet footprints, a bomb in a hand and a girl holding her phone above the bath. staring at the frantic teenager in confusion while wrapped in a towel.