34.

luckily the fire had started lighting up quickly with the help of lily's brave but idiotic act: lighting fire from the stove on a heap of tissue wrapped on a random stick they found on the sand.

"that was so dangerous, what the fuck were you thinking!?"

namjoon runs up to her after she throws the stick into the wood which was piled up neatly.

"i was lighting the wood?"

she says as it was so obvious to see.

"you could've scarred your whole body if you weren't careful!"

lily begins to feel guilty since namjoon sounded so worried about her. while everyone else was watching awkwardly either below them or at the front door where they had stayed to keep away from the fire lily created. she hung her head in negativity and pursed her lips in shame. namjoon noticed and quickly pulled her into a tight hug and combed her hair because seeing her sad like that broke his heart.

"i'm sorry for yelling. i was just worried."

"i'm sorry for doing something stupid... again."

lily apologises and quickly hugs namjoon back, engulfing herself in his jacket. which made her look like a small infant from namjoon bird's eye view

jimin who had been watching the two from below smiled in bliss. gazing at lily and the strange sort of kawaii-ness that he had found in her recently. everyone gathered around the fire sitting on the picnic blankets that jin had brought out earlier that week. it was hard for mingyu to adjust with all the people he had just met just a few moments before. but he later found himself sharing his memories with his other friends in seoul.

"you're from seoul?"

"yeah, i'm only here to visit my parents. jeju is my home-town though."

"so, when are you going back to seoul?"

"in another week maybe."

there was a brief silence until mingyu thought of a question to ask.

"i've never seen you guys around. when did you move here?"

"oh, no. this is my family's holiday house. we're just here for a holiday and then going back to school and university."

the owner of the holiday house answers.

"where do you guys live?"

"seoul."

mingyu turned to lily again. slightly disappointed that she didn't tell him that she lived in seoul.

"sorry."

she says while smiling awkwardly. but mingyu doesn't hold the grudge for long. the first time the fire had died out only leaving embers, mingyu had decided it would be a good time to leave the group as it was getting late.

"bye guys! i'll see you next time."

they all wave goodbye until lily sees him off when they're on the pathway.

"i don't like him. there's something about him."

"taehyung, you're just jealous."

jungkook says while spinning his chin on the palm of his hand to face taehyung.

"besides, he was dumped pretty recently. i don't think he'll try and take noona."

"me?"

lisa says after looking up from her phone.