10.

three months had passed quite quickly since lily and lisa had nothing but studying to do. but lily's was, of course, more complicated than just studying.

nothing much had been happening, except the fact that in just a few more days until thursday everyone would be going on a four day weekend. and that thursday came way faster than expected. everyone had already gotten ready for their last assembly of the day before going home.

"chihyun lily."

"present."

"tran lisa."

"present."

their homeroom teacher closes her black leather book with the names of her students. she dismisses them and walks to the exit while saying so. and as soon as that door closes the class goes rowdy with a million questions from classmates who were eager to ask their friends.

"hey, can we come to your house for the whole of this weekend again?"

taehyung asks, one of the students who needed to spill his question(s). and referring to we, he meant himself, jungkook and jimin.

"uh yeah, but i won't be home for the whole of tonight since i'm busy."

taehyung nods slowly; curious of where she was going. he leaves her alone to call lisa and jimin to leave.

"where's lily going afterschool?"

lisa spins around to face taehyung.

"i think her dad."

in shock, his eyes widen a fraction. he stops his questions there and quickly packs his belongings and then head out for the school gates where the education boundary ends for most people. lily walks her own way after waving bye to the other three when they step out of the school's boundary. after lily finds herself staring at lisa and taehyung's back after they separate; jimin having already left because he had work that night. she turns around and walks in the opposite direction and then around a few corners, looking for a specific car.

after she finds the white and out of place car, way too out of place. she glances around for a short time before crossing the street and then quickly stepping into the car before anyone sees her.

"hello, father."

she greets the young man only at the age of forty with very, very few grey hairs and his facial hair which was probably shaved a few days ago since stubs were beginning to appear. his honey brown eyes (which are identical to lily's), stay on the files in his hands.

"here."

he doesn't greet back as usual and goes on about with the business in the hands of the future ceo. discussing the many possible jobs she could take in for experience when she inherits the company. but none of them suit her.

modelling, acting, and other art careers for some absurd reason.

"what do these have to do with taking care of the company?"

lily asks, attempting to sound polite.

"these jobs will teach you how to take care and take advantage of your manager or assistant."

the explanation makes everything clearer but why an actor? and why a model when she clearly doesn't have the looks, and the figure.

"i don't think any of these fit me father."

she says; slowly cowering away from her dad.

"why not? money can do anything, i can just buy them for you to get into the media industry."

"i just think it's not fair for someone like me."

gesturing to herself.

"to work in the media industry taking away the spotlight of others who actually have talent for these things."

a few minutes pass; it keeps lily and the driver tense, ready for the man's answer.

"get out."

baffled.

"p–pardon?"

"we'll discuss this next time, you can go home early and how's that friend of yours doing?"

"lisa? she's doing fine thanks to your apartment which you had provided for us."

"how naive and stupid."

he says underneath his breath and lily hears just a bit of it.

"did you say something father?"

"no, you may leave now, get into the car on your left and go home."

she looks over to where the mercedes-benz was parking, a replica of the one she had been talking in, but instead it was black.

"goodbye father, i hope to see you in brilliant condition again."

she steps out of the car and bows to her father as she usually would. and the car drives off at his command and after they had turned a corner she stands up straight. walks into the car that was assigned to take her home and then the car speeds off on it's route to her shared apartment.

//

lisa walks herself to the front door and opens it up to the sound of a doorbell.

"lily? why're you home?"

"because i live here?"

"i know but like shouldn't you be with your dad?"

"he told me to go home after i said something to him."

her eyes bulge when she hears that lily had possibly made a mistake for something. and almost says 'we need to run away or your dad is going to kill us'.

"no, i didn't say something to piss him off. i said something to make him rethink his suggestions about– uhm... stuff."

knowing that she can't and won't talk about it. lisa's eyes go back to its normal size and walks back into her bedroom. while taking of her school shoes and loosening her bow. and suddenly she was tackled to the floor by a taller male her age. taehyung.

"did he slap you? did he threaten you? did he hurt you? did he force anything on you? are you ok?"

taehyung caresses her head as she almost died from taehyung's weight. but stops herself from fainting by patting his back making him sit up and hug her by the waist; still sitting above her.

"no, he didnt do anything. i just got sent home early because he had to think some stuff over."

she smiles, assuring taehyung. he smiles back noticing no signs of a pained face when he tackled her down. since she could've been abused by her dad and she was just lying to keep him from worrying. jungkook walks out due to his curiosity of what was the loud thump outside and the excessive questions spilt out from his second hyung.

"noona?"

"yeah?"

"what happened?"

the boy asks, peering out of the door. only showing a part of his body like a little child finding something interesting and asking his parent about it.

"nothing much."

she smiles the same way she had done to taehyung who was still on her, toothlessly and it brings warmth to the both of their hearts. after a few milliseconds, taehyung gets himself up and helps the girl he had pounced on. then walks back into the room where the both of the boys had been hanging in.

"where's jimin?"

"work."

lily hums an answer and gets out some home clothes to keep herself warm and comfortable and walks towards her ensuite. she comes out of the bathroom with black sweats and a long black sleeve top tucked in.

lisa sat in her room by herself watching her dramas as it had just uploaded a new episode with english subtitles. until she was disturbed by a person who yoongi would constantly hype.

~~
hoseok

hey you wanna go out together
sometime this long weekend?