33.

...

"are you saying we should lie to her?"

"well, i don't want her to be worrying. she has enough on her plate."

lisa says thinking about the sleepless nights lily gets because of her busy family.

"when will we tell the others?"

taehyung asks, guilty because he isn't used to lying to a person his dearly holds.

"we'll make a group chat and talk on it so when lily gets home we'll look normal."

"and jungkook?"

jinin the last to ask any more questions.

"he has his phone on silent most of the time, i don't think he'll read the texts until he gets home and rests."

lisa had everything well planned out. namjoon and yoongi had been listening in carefully after hearing the door bell ring. they knew the situation and they were so unsure about the options lily's father had given them.

they had no intention of giving her up of course. it was just that they didn't want anyone hurt. even though in the letter there was no sign of physical harm being mentioned. but that one sentence crawled around their brains thinking about their decision.

all your ties will be cut, either illegally or legally.

their loyalty was up to the test.

...

so, that's how they covered up their tracks from that afternoon. the campfire went on, telling each other things that they felt like sharing. it wasn't lily or jungkook who opened the door for mingyu when he came to their house around eight in the afternoon. and at that time the sun was had already set and the sky was almost completing its dark navy blue transformation. mingyu was in shock finding only men at the house he had thought lily and jungkook owned. he knew that jungkook must be her boyfriend or brother, but half of that wasn't possible since they looked nothing alike.

"oh. sorry, i think i've got the wrong house."

mingyu apologises when jin opens the door at the sound of a doorbell. but after revising lily's words saying that she lives on the very end of the street which was across from his. and it was right next to the beach and nothing in between the house and sand.

he got it exactly right. so. why was there a random guy standing at the door?

he goes back to the door and finds a different male opening the door again. this time it was jimin who opened the door and it fucked with mingyu's mind even more.

"uhm, hello."

he says and bows and so does jimin.

"i'm looking for some people. but i'm not sure if they live here."

"what's their name?"

"lily... and jungkook."

"oh! i'll be back with them."

he smiles his half-hearted grin, before turning around and running off to get lily, who was upstairs changing after her shower. he knocks loudly three times and then yells that he's coming in just in case she hadn't heard him and was bare skin. but she wasn't; she was lazing around while drying her hair with the mini fan she had brought from home.

"come in!"

she yells just when jimin opens the door.

"someone's at the door for you"

but meanwhile, the two who had been upstairs. taehyung who felt a chilly autumn breeze go through the house looked around to see why it was cold. and found the door opened so obviously he went to close the door and accidentally met mingyu.

"oh. hello. who are you, if i may ask?"

taehyubg asks kindly and in respectful dialogue.

"oh, someone was just getting someone i needed."

"and who might that be?"

"lily."

"oh..."

he says awkwardly after finding out that she had a secret friend. but luckily lily and jimjn come downstairs and walk to where the two were.

"mingyu!"

she says and grabs mingyu's hand out of instinct since she was already caught up with the skinship that Taehyung and Jungkook had given her. taehyung took notice of this and he didn't accept this. he felt uncomfortable with lily having friends that he didn't know of. jungkook came from the backyard gathering the wood that they needed to build the fire. and when he enters the house he notices that theres a small group hanging at the front door which he needed to get through.

who's at the door?

he walks a little more and finds the tall male he met earlier today.

"oh hey, mingyu hyung!"

"jungkook-ah! hey!"

they talk as if they never had a little hatred between each other. but that's how guys are. they argue and then make up only a second later with a little pat on the back: it's forgiving and forgetting. unlike girls who make a huge deal out of it and it goes on for a few weeks or months even.

they hug even though jungkook had two wood pieces in his hands. and the other two who have never heard of this name "mingyu" are shocked to even see that jungkook knows him.

lily grabs mingyu by the forearm and sits him down on the couch and then calls everyone in to meet their new friend.

"go ahead and introduce yourself."

"hello. my name is kim mingyu, i am nineteen years old and i am a friend of jungkook and lily's. please treat me kindly."

"now, it's our turn to introduce ourselves"

jin says.

"my name is kim seok jin, also known as jin. i'm turning nineteen."

the now, second eldest starts off from the left side and then leading onto jimin and so on.

"park jimin, fifteen turning sixteen."

"kim namjoon, sixteen turning seventeen."

"jung hoseok, seventeen."

"min yoongi, eighteen."

"kim taehyung, fifteen turning sixteen."

"tran lisa, fifteen."

and as their final words.

"please treat us kindly."

they say as they bow.