39.

"when are you guys going to fucking ignoring and avoiding each other? it's getting annoying to watch."

namjoon says after having enough of their immaturity.

"w-we aren't avoiding each other..."

hoseok stutters, feeling a bit embarrassed and awkward after being seen through.

"you obviously are and it's so stupid."

namjoon replies with an oblivious tone

"well, no one asked you to watch."

this time, it was lisa's turn to talk. she suddenly became defensive about the situation and herself.

"hey, the two of you are–"

namjoon sentence was interrupted by a beep from the door, the sound was way too familiar for anyone to question what it was. the door had been unlocked.

"hello!"

[!!!] [<<]

while everyone was dealing with the sun-hi problem, their assignments and school. lily was getting dolled up and getting ready for something that seemed incredibly important and memorable. since they had to go to thousands of photoshoots with the whole family including their father who flew in the second and then flew back to korea the second afterwards.

"mum?"

"yes, baby?"

"when will you tell me about everything?"

"what do you mean?"

"this. why're getting me dressed up in a super pretty dress and painting my face with makeup, washing it off and then painting it again with a different style. and also doing my hair?"

"honey, i told you... it's a secret. and we're trial and erroring, we'll be putting it all together next week on wednesday. on the day you'll know what the secret is."

"fine... i'll wait."

[!!!] [>>]

"lily! oh my fucking god you're back!"

"yuppo, better than ever. jokes, i'm dying as always."

lily and lisa hug for their reunion and namjoon comes from behind lisa and waits for their little hug to die out.

"hi, namjoon."

"welcome back, daughter."

"it's good to be back father."

they roleplay then embrace each other like Lisa had done before, this time lily was able to dig her face into namjoon's chest. reminding herself that there was nothing to be worried about now, she was where she felt most safe. alongside her friends.

after letting go, namjoon steps aside and hoseok is revealed, hidden behind namjoon's tall figure.

"hoseok? why're you here?"

"ehe."

he chuckles inwardly.

[>>]

"so you're here because sun-hi went bat shit crazy?"

"uh, yeah."

"we fucking told you that she was psychotic."

"i think i fucking know that already."

"hoseok, you could have at least said a simple sorry for rejecting the girls. and an even more, simpler thank you for letting you take shelter at their home."