Never Say Never

CosmicLychee requested a sick Piper and caretaker Nico with some Reyna on the side.  This was another new one for me, since I love some sniffly boys, but *unnecessary stretching* I think I'm up to the challenge!  Let me know what you think and send any prompts my way!  Read on my little marshmallows!

P.S. CosmicLychee I'm not sure if this is exactly what you wanted, but I tried to stick to the prompt you gave me.  This ended up with slightly more angst than I originally planned (what else is new?) Let me know how I did!

Piper Mclean never got sick.  She actually couldn't tell you when she last had a cold.  So you could say she was slightly surprised to wake up one morning with a pounding in her head, chills, and a general feeling that she had just been trampled by a herd of horses.  She pushed through the pain and quickly got up and got dressed.  She was due to meet Nico at a coffee shop in New Rome to discuss some plans he had.

"Piper. Earth to Piper."  Nico snapped his fingers under Piper's nose.

"Wh-what?"

"Are you okay? I've been talking to you for five minutes and it looks like you haven't heard a word I've said."

"I totally heard what you said."  Piper tried to sift through her muddled brain to find what Nico was talking about. "You were saying something about a transfer program between camps."

"Good guess." Nico huffed.

"Maybe we should sit down. You look like you're about to fall over."  Nico said after a moment. He was starting to get genuinely worried about Piper.

Piper obliged and she and Nico went and sat at one of the tables in the coffee shop.  Nico took his mug that contained something that looked closer to tar than coffee and Piper clutched her mug of tea tighter.

Why was it so cold today?

Piper was just sitting down at the table when she had to stifle a sneeze.

"Hgggshh"

"Bless you."

"Thags." Piper said as she wiped her newly running nose with a napkin.

"Are you sure you're not sick?  You're starting to worry me."

"I'm fine, Nico.  I never get sick.  It's one of my super powers."

"Never say never." Nico said as he surveyed Piper's flushed cheeks and the slight raspiness of her voice.

"Where were we?" Piper asked, trying to change the subject.

"I was telling you about my plan to do an exchange program between camps.  I'm going to talk to Reyna and Chiron later today.  I'd like you to be there for moral support." 

Nico looked down as he said the last part. Piper wondered why it was still so hard for him to ask for help.

"I would love to be moral support, Nico!  That sounds like a really good idea.  I'm sure that Chiron and Reyna will agree."  Piper tried not to wince at the pain in her throat as she said this.

"Reyna scheduled a meeting at 10."  Nico glanced at his watch. "We should get going."  Nico drained the rest of his coffee and Piper got a lid for her tea.  The two quickly made their way to the center of New Rome to the pavilion where the Praetors met.  Reyna was already there when they arrived.  She was setting up a portable fountain so they could Iris message with Chiron at Camp Half-Blood.

"Hey, you two."

"Hey." Nico and Piper said in unison.

Reyna smiled and went back to setting up the fountain.  Soon enough there was a steady spray of mist coming from the fountain and Nico sent out the call.  After a few moments, Chiron answered. He was sitting in the Big House.