Breathe Out

Hello my lovelies! Woah! I'm not dead? Nope, just crap at updating with a sprinkling of mental breakdowns. Let me know if anybody wants to hear about the craziest 12 months of my life. This particular request  from way back in OCTOBER comes from XshowjumperX for some hurt Percy, and y'all know I have no impulse control when it comes to Seaweed Brain! Read on, let me know what you think in the comments,and feel free to drop into my inbox for a chat or to drop me a prompt! 

P.S. Canon divergence. Are you even surprised?

P.P.S. Just a disclaimer that I am not and have never been a competitive swimmer. All of my knowledge comes from the internet and highly dramatized Disney movies!

Head up. Breathe in. Push down. Breatheout.

The words repeated on a loop in Percy'sbrain as he turned through lap after lap. He didn't really need tothink about the movements his body was making anymore thanks tomuscle memory, it was just habit now.

Percy saw the wall approaching ahead ofhim and pushed himself towards it. As soon as his fingertips touchedthe edge of the pool, a whistle blew.

"That's just over your personalrecord, Jackson." Coach squatted at the head of the swimming lanejust as Cooper, the boy Percy had been swimming time trials againsthit the side of the pool.

"Dude! You're like freaking Aqua Manout there!" Cooper exclaimed pushing his bangs out of his face.

Percy pushed his goggles up onto hisforehead and grinned.

"Thanks. You're not doing so shabbyyourself. You've really improved your time since the beginning of theseason."

"You guys jump out and dry off. Ihave some exciting news!" Coach stood up with a grunt and went overto where the rest of the team was drying off from running their owntime trials.

Percy pushed himself out of the waterand followed Coach, grabbing his towel along the way.

"As you all know, our school ishosting the state wide meet on Saturday. Colleges from around thenation will be sending scouts. Seniors, and Juniors," Coach lookedpointedly at two Junior's that were goofing off somewhere behindPercy, "I want you to give it everything you have. You go out andshow those scouts that the best swimmers in the state are right herein Manhattan."

'YEAH!"

"But," Coach cut in, "I want youto go out there on Saturday and have fun. Practice isdismissed. No practice tomorrow. Rest up for Saturday and, for thelove of everything good and holy, don't get hurt!"

Percy could have sworn coach hadbeen staring straight at him when he said that last part.

Most of the guys started walkingtowards the locker room to change as Percy wandered up to the coach.

"Yes you can stay for an extra hour,Jackson." Coach said without turning around.

"How-"

"You're the only one that asks tostay late. If you weren't graduating, I might as well give you akey."

"Thanks coach!'

"Just promise me you won't be here inthe morning?"

"Promise." Percy smiled sheepishly.He walked over to his bag and picked up his phone.

Percy: Hey. Stayinglate at practice.

AnnaBanana: Why am I not surprised?I'll be there in 15.