Blitzstone

Hello my lovelies! I'm trying something new today. I've had a request for some Blitzstone from ravens_Eve_29 for quite some time and I totally forgot! I feel terrible, but I hope this makes up for it. I've never written for this pairing before so y'all be sure to tell me how I did.
P.S. Shoutout to LostinLibraries for their new sickfic prompt book. They have lots of super cute prompts that I will definitely be using in the future and they also do some writing of their own! It's super awesome and you should check it out!

Hearthstone had always known that Blitzen was a drama queen. His mother was Freya for Odin's sake, at least he came by it naturally. Hearth had definitely seen his fair share of dramatics from the dwarf, but the scene in front of him gave an entirely new meaning to the word.

"Hearth, I'm dying. This is the end." Blitz said feebly. He had been taken down by a cold a few days earlier, but seemed to think he had contracted the plague.

Hearthstone rolled his eyes and reached out his to touch Blitz's cheek. Dwarf's always ran warmer than humans and just slightly more so than elves, simply because their bodies had adapted to living in a slightly damp and cool place like Nidavellir all these millennia. So Hearth was not surprised to find Blitzen's skin almost burning to the touch. The only real way to know if a dwarf had a fever was if they got cold.  Hearth was relieved to find no fever. Blitzen became very irritable when he had a fever.

"Not dying." Hearth signed.

"How would you know?" Blitz pouted.

"What am I going to do with you?" Hearth signed with another roll of his eyes. He seemed to do that a lot while around Blitzen and Magnus.

"Make me soup and give me cuddles?"

Hearth smiled and leaned down to give Blitz a peck on the cheek. He got up and moved toward the kitchen.

"Be careful! I don't want you catching the plague too."

"Still not the plague." Hearth signed, turning to face Blitzen just before turning the corner.

"What do you know?" He heard Blitz murmur with a laugh that then turned into a cough.

Hearth made his was to the kitchen and searched the kitchen cabinets for anything that might be easy on Blitz's stomach. He finally retrieved a can of soup from the very back of one cabinet. He poured the soup into a bowl and popped it into the microwave. As it cooked, Hearth milled around the kitchen, picking up various food containers and bits of trash that had accumulated since Blitz had been sick. When the soup was done Hearth pulled it out of the microwave and poured Blitz a glass of Orange Juice and went back to his and Blitz's room.

Blitzen's eyes lit up upon seeing the soup and juice.

"You are too good to me."

Hearth quickly handed Blitz the soup, it was starting to burn his hand, and set the juice on the bedside table.

"I know." Hearth signed. He sat back down on the bed and leaned against the headboard as Blitz ate his soup.

"Slow down. You'll give yourself a stomachache." Hearth signed, watching Blitz shovel the food into his mouth at an alarming rate.

"You're worse than my-" Blitz was cut off in the middle of his sentence by a sneeze that sent soup and noodles spraying all over Hearthstone's shirt.

"I'm so sorry." Blitzen looked worried for a moment, as if Hearthstone would be angry.

"It's okay." Hearth signed. He sighed and went to the bathroom to clean up a bit. When he came back Blitzen had finished his soup and was once again curled up in the exact center of the bed. Rather than asking him to move, Hearth simply got into the bed beside Blitzen and pushed lightly. He seemed to get the point and scooted over, rolling over to face Hearth.

"I'm sorry about that. You're gonna get sick now."

"Then you'll be stuck taking care of me." Hearth signed with a smile.

After this the two fell silent. Blitzen seemed to have exhausted all of his energy for the moment and snuggled up next to Hearth and quickly fell asleep. The elf was quick to follow suit.

Blitzen proclaimed himself plague free two days later and all was well until Hearthstone sneezed and Blitzen all but had to force him into bed.

"Payback." Hearthstone signed from the mountain of blanket's Blitzen had buried him under.

"Whatever." Blitz said with an eye roll and a kiss on Hearth's forehead.