Odd Man Out Pt. 2

rcrnkovi05 ask and you shall recieve, four months later! Hello my loves! I completely forgot that I had promised a part 2 to this fic! I'm honestly an awful author! Here you go, the long awaited part two! Let me know what you think in the comments and as always, feel free to drop by my inbox to drop me a prompt or for a chat! The ending isn't the best. I apologize. It's 1:30 in the morning and I've had this in my WIPs for way too long!

Sunlight streaming through his window was what finally made Alex open his eyes. He stretched and his stomach muscles cramped, quickly reminding him of the not so great past twelve hours. He curled in on himself. Once the pain faded, Alex realized how thirsty he was. His lips were dry and cracked from being sick all night and his tongue was dry. Alex hadn't even thought that could happen. He swung his feet off of the bed and stood up.

Woah, vertigo.

The world tilted slightly and Alex felt his stomach drop. He grabbed the bedside stand for a moment to stabilize himself before taking the few steps to the bathroom.

Alex took a glass from beside and filled it with water. Alex drank the glass of water in one quick gulp. He filled the glass two more times and drank each in a quick gulp.

Oh no.

Alex's stomach gurgled and cramped. He dove for the toilet.

Alex's eyes watered and his chest hurt from lack of oxygen as water, now mixed with stomach acid, made a return appearance. 

Once he was sure that his stomach wasn't going to rebel again, Alex leaned against the wall heavily and fell into a sitting position.

Take it slow today. Noted.

When he was no longer a shaking mess on the floor, Alex got up and, slowly this time, sipped another glass of water. Happy that he had managed to keep that in his stomach, Alex took a shower in an attempt to wash off the last twelve hours.

Alex stepped out of the shower feeling mostly human again. He got dressed, making a rare exception for a pair of black joggers instead of his usual skinny jeans. He fixed his hair, mostly just tousling it into a presentable style, and went to see if anyone else had survived the night.

TJ and Mallory were already sitting at the regular table when Alex walked in. Alex made a stop at the buffet and, after seeing the array of options, decided to keep it simple with oatmeal.

"Well, it looks like none of us died last night." Alex huffed a laugh and then groaned when the motion hurt his sore stomach.

"That's relative," TJ said, "unspeakable things happened in my bathroom last night." He shuddered.

Mallory, who had been talking a moment ago, just nodded silently. She looked a little shell shocked.

Alex shuddered in remembrance of his own night on the bathroom floor and looked around.

"Where's Halfborn?"

"The great oaf is probably still laying on the bathroom floor moaning. He snuck more sandwiches out of the seminar and ate them last night. I left him with a glass of water, a pillow, and a blanket." Mallory rolled her eyes.

"Where's Magnus?" TJ asked.

"He said something about helping Blitz at the store today." Alex remembered.

"He's been there a lot lately." TJ pointed out.

"I know." Alex said, more sullen than he'd meant to sound.