Odd Man Out

Hello my lovelies! Boots2904 sent me a really fun MCGA fic idea, that I promptly lost for I don't know how long because I'm a disorganized mess, and I'm not really sure how to explain? Let me know what you think in comments and definitely stop by my inbox with any prompts or ideas! 

P.P.S. I'm having way too much fun with this prompt so be on the lookout for part 2 in the coming days!

It started with sandwiches. The floor 19 crew, minus Magnus; who was helping Sam on some secret mission, were attending a seminar on how to prepare for Ragnarok called: Let's Ragnarok and Roll. Alex would rather fight a dragon by himself than sit here for another minute. Looking at the faces of his friends from floor 19 showed that they felt the same.

Alex wasn't even listening to the speaker and almost missed it when he said the magic words.

"I think it's time we break for lunch."

There was an audible sigh of relief from the audience. Everyone started to get up and walk towards the back of the room where trays of sandwiches and sodas awaited.

"Thank Odin!" Mallory exclaimed. She was practically running people over to get to the food.

Alex rolled his eyes while discretely elbowing his way through the crowd to get to the food. If he was going to be forced to spend the next two hours here, he would make it worth his while.

"Does anyone else's sandwich taste a little funky?" TJ asked as the group got back to their seats.

Alex took another bite of the first of three sandwiches on his plate. Something did seem to be a little off with the food, but he was too hungry to say much. He shrugged.

"Mo" Halfborn muffled with an entire sandwich stuffed in his mouth.

TJ shrugged and took another bite of his sandwich.

There was definitely something wrong with the sandwiches. 

By the time the seminar was over, Alex had developed a stomach ache, Mallory had gone ghostly white, and TJ kept rubbing his stomach and burping.

The elevator ride up to floor 19 was quiet besides TJ's burps. Alex was so tired. He just wanted to crawl in bed and sleep until Ragnarok.

The elevator opened up onto floor 19 and the group slowly walked out of the elevator. Magnus was leaning against the wall opposite the elevator as they all stepped out. Magnus looked exhausted.  He immediately perked up when he saw his friends though and tried to smile, but took a good look at everyone and frowned. Alex couldn't help but think that Magnus looked cute when he was worried.

"You guys look dead." Magnus offered helpfully 

"Boy, do I have so news for you." Alex quipped, sometimes he really couldn't help himself.

"You know what I mean. Are you okay?"

"Sandwiches. Lunch. Bad." TJ explained shortly.

Magnus thought they might all just pass out in the floor, or puke, or both. None of those things were preferable.

"Okay, um," Magnus thought for a moment. "Everybody get to bed. You all look like you'll pass out. I'll come check on everyone in a minute."

Nobody argued and everyone, save for Magnus, quickly shuffled off towards their rooms.

Alex barely bothered to kick his shoes off before pulling back the blankets on his bed and curling up in the tightest ball he could manage. His stomach was really starting to hurt. He had just closed his eyes when there was a knock at his door. Alex grunted in a way he hoped conveyed "come in."