Broaden Your Horizons

Hello my loves! McBrokins requested some Solangelo and y'all know I'm always a sucker for Solangelo! I hope it's everything you dreamed of! Don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments!
P.S. This is a future fic so Nico and Will are both 21.

Nico and Will were trying to agree on a place for dinner, which was always an event in their apartment.

"Let's try something new. A friend at work told me about this great little hole in the wall Italian place." Will said excitedly as he changed out of his scrubs into a pair of jeans and a blue "Talk Nerdy to Me" t-shirt that Nico hated and loved at the same time.

"You know I love Italian, but I don't trust anything that isn't a chain restaurant. Remember The Great Food Poisoning of '09?" Nico was sprawled on their bed. He had suggested they have a night in, but it was Will's turn to pick the date night activity.

"That was your fault for eating seafood that was very obviously not fresh." Will pointed out.

"Still, I'd rather be safe than sorry."

"Please, for me?" Will pouted out his lower lip.

Nico tried to think of an argument against Will, but couldn't even form a coherent thought when he looked into Will's bright blue eyes.

"Fine!" Nico finally resigned.

"Let's get going. I'm starved." Will said as he sat down to tie his shoes.

Nico puckered up his lips, waiting for Will to notice. Once he did, Will leaned down and gave Nico a kiss. Nico sat up and pulled his shoes on as well and went to wait for Will by the door of their apartment and a moment later Will met Nico at the door, grabbed his car keys, and the two were off on their culinary adventure.

"This doesn't look so bad." Nico decided as he surveyed the restaurant Will had brought him to.

"See, I told you. You have to broaden your horizons." Will took Nico's hand and led him into the restaurant.

The restaurant was small, six or seven tables filled the space and three booths sat along the far wall. Almost all of the available seating was filled, which Nico took as a good sign. The hostess, an elderly woman wearing a flour caked apron, greeted them at the door.

"Hello! Right this way please." She said in a noticeable Italian accent. Nico took this as a sign that the food would be made right, instead of some American imitation. The woman led them to the only empty booth and put the menus down.

"Would you like any wine tonight?"

Will looked at Nico and already knew his answer. Nico loved wine and would usually have a glass of red wine with dinner. Will was more of a "can't taste the alcohol" drink kind of guy.

"I'll have a glass of red, please." Nico answered.

"For you, dear?"

"Just a coke, please. Driving." Will held up his car keys.

The woman nodded and walked away. She was back shortly with a glass of wine and a coke.

"You're waitress will be over in a moment." The woman walked back toward the kitchen.

"She was so nice."

"I'm starting to think I may have been missing out."

"Told you."

Nico rolled his eyes and opened his menu. His eyes were immediately drawn to the Chicken Parmesan. Many people tried to make it, but to have it made right was likely the best thing you'd ever tasted.