I don't think it's supposed to do that.

Hello my lovelies! I started this ages ago and figured it was about time to finish it. I found this prompt forever ago and I need some Solangelo in my life atm. I've been dying to write this and I hope you all like it! If you've sent me a prompt in the past few weeks and haven't seen it yet please know that I haven't forgotten about you. I've just been very busy. Let me know what you think in the comments and shoot me a message if you have any prompts or ideas!

Nico loved winter. He loved the feeling that something new was just around the corner also hot cocoa and wearing his boyfriend's fluffy sweaters and ice skating. 

Ice skating was something special to Nico. It was one thing that he had always been naturally good at, which was a nice change compared to everything else in his life. It also helped him feel close to Bianca. Every year since he could remember the two would always come right after Rockefeller center opened and spend a day skating, laughing and drinking cocoa.

"It's cold!" Will whined.

"We're almost there, c'mon." Nico was getting giddier by the second. He could see Rockefeller center on the horizon.

Will, call him cliche, couldn't stand winter. I mean, come one, his dad was the literal sun god. Will much preferred summer, or at the very least temperatures above freezing.

"You are so lucky I like you so much. I hate the cold and I can't skate at all."

"You've only been once. You might surprise yourself."

"Mhmm. I'm only here because I was promised hot cocoa and watching you skate is the best."

"Whatever." Nico scoffed. If his cheeks hadn't already been flushed from the cold, Will would have thought Nico was blushing.

Will smirked and rolled his eyes. The next thing on his to do list after not freezing to death would be to teach his boyfriend how to take a compliment.

Nico spent the rest of the walk bubbling about something Percy's little sister had done last week. Nico had been at Percy's house almost constantly since the little girl had made her appearance.

Personally, Will was glad Nico had found something to fill his time. He wouldn't say it, but he had been lonely since Hazel had gone to New Rome.

Will listened to Nico talk about the baby for another few minutes until they arrived at the desk to get the skates.

"How many will it be?" The woman behind the cash register asked.

"Two." Nico said confidently.

"Nico, I-"

"-Will be perfectly fine. I'm a pro. I'll be right beside you the whole time."

Nico pulled out a twenty and payed while he and Will waited to get the skates.

"I still don't think this is a good idea. I'm a son of Apollo. This is the literal opposite of a good idea for me." Will said apprehensively as he struggled to tie the skates.

"You're psyching yourself out. Here, let me help." Nico knelt to tie Will's skates before finishing lacing up his own.

When both boys had their skates on Will watched as Nico removed the rubber guards on the blades of the skates and did the same. Nico stood up gracefully and held out a hand for Will. Will thought he probably looked more like a baby deer than graceful as he stood shakily stood with Nico's help.

"Just take it slow." Nico said patiently as he and Will started making their way toward the ice.

After a few steps Will felt slightly more confident walking on the skates. That is, until he made it to the gate that led onto the ice.