I Miss You

Hello friends! I was browsing for prompts and found one in LostinLibraries prompt book that I just had to write. I hope you like it! Get ready for some angst! I apologize in advance.
P.S. This has Malcolm as a character and I can't remember exactly how old he was, so in this fic he is older than Annabeth.

Annabeth opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling above her bunk. It was a moment before she could place the hollow feeling in her chest. It was a moment until she remembered that Percy was not sleeping a few cabins over. The pain hit her all at once, just as it had every morning since realizing Percy was gone. Today, something was a little different. The pain in her chest wasn't so much one of longing for what she'd lost, but more like a dry rattle. Part of Annabeth thought she might be sick; part of her didn't really care either way.

She dragged herself out of the warmth of her blankets and got dressed for the day. Annabeth dressed in the same shorts and t-shirt she had been wearing for the last few days and pulled her knotted hair into a bun. She didn't bother going to breakfast, no one really expected her anymore. Instead, she poured herself a cup of coffee and tried to warm herself from the inside out. She sat down in front of Daedalus' computer just as she had for 23 days, 12 hours, and 13 minutes, and started looking for any sign of Percy.

Sometime later, Annabeth was scrolling through the laptop without really seeing the screen when she heard someone come through the door of the Athena cabin.

"Annabeth?" A voice asked. She couldn't find the energy to turn around and see who it was.

Someone sat down on the bench beside her. She could see they were tall and lean with blond hair. They pushed a plate towards her, pancakes?

"Annabeth." Malcolm gently took Annabeth's shoulders and turned her to look at him. He would never get used to seeing her gray eyes, once so lively, look so dull and helpless.

"Hey, you're shivering." Malcolm pressed a hand to Annabeth's forehead and found a pretty significant fever. Annabeth was sweating slightly and looked as if she might fall over if she weren't sitting down. Malcolm took the blanket off her bed and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"How are you feeling?" Malcolm asked and then decided to rephrase the question, "How are you feeling physically?"

"Not great." Annabeth rasped. She seemed surprised by her own voice, which was barely above a whisper. She cleared her throat painfully, which turned into a hacking cough.

Malcolm rubbed her back while she caught her breath.

"Annabeth, you're sick. I should take you to the infirmary."

"I need to find Percy." Was the only answer. Annabeth weakly pulled out of Malcolm's grip and turned back to the laptop.

"You need sleep. You won't be able to do anything if you're stuck in bed." Malcolm reasoned. He knew Annabeth was hurting, but hoped she hadn't completely thrown logic out the window.

"I have to find Percy." Annabeth rasped again.

Malcolm could have cried as he saw exactly how broken his little sister was. He sighed and stood up. He was going to need help with this.

Annabeth continued to stare at the computer screen as she heard the door close behind Malcolm. She wasn't even really sure what she was looking at. The screen was just an electric white and blue blur.

She heard the door open once again a while later, she didn't bother turning around. Someone new sat down beside her. This shape was smaller and had dark hair.

"Annabeth?" Nico Di Angelo asked gently.

Annabeth didn't look up.

"Annabeth, look, I get what you're going through. I've felt your pain, but you have to take care of yourself or at least let someone else help you. We all want Percy back."

This got Annabeth's attention and she whipped around to look at Nico, looking half crazed.

"You get it? You want Percy back? How could you possibly understand what I'm feeling? He's all I can think about. Every hour, every minute, every second! He thought you hated him half the time, so don't you dare tell me you know what I'm going through." Annabeth tried to yell, but it came out as more of a squeaking whisper. She started to sob and put her head in her hands.

"You don't know. No one knows." She said softly.

"Remember Bianca? After she died, I spent months looking for her in the Underworld. Now, I know Percy isn't dead, but I know the pain of looking everywhere and finding nothing. I know this hurts more than anything ever has before, but you can't last like this."

"How do you know he isn't dead?" Annabeth whispered.

"I would have sensed it." Nico tried not to sound suspicious as he said this. Annabeth would hate him if she knew that he knew exactly where Percy was right now. He hoped Malcolm didn't pick up on the way he squirmed as he said it.

"I just feel so useless."

"We're all looking for him, Annabeth. You can afford to take a break and get better." Malcolm interjected.

"I-I guess a nap wouldn't hurt." Annabeth reasoned.

"A nap would do you good."

"And maybe a shower?" Nico added gently.

"Okay. You'll both let me know the second you know anything, right?"

"Absolutely." The two boys said together.

"Can I take the laptop?" Malcolm asked.

Annabeth looked apprehensive for a moment, but nodded.

Malcolm took the laptop, closed the lid, and put it under his arm. He walked towards the door and Nico quickly followed suit.

"Hey, Malcolm?" Nico asked when they were out of earshot of the cabin.

"What's up?"

"Why did you ask me to talk to Annabeth?"

"I don't know," Malcolm shrugged," you were the only one I thought might be able to relate to what she's going through."

Malcolm walked over to the Big House where Chiron had set up a research center for any news about Percy. Nico made to walk back to his cabin and stopped just at the edge of the shadows. He willed the shadows to envelope him and in another moment he was at the gates of Camp Jupiter. He saw Reyna talking to none other than Percy Jackson. He wanted nothing more than to tell everyone what was going on, but his father had assured him that the time would soon come for secrets to be revealed.

Back in the Athena cabin, Annabeth was just laying down in her bunk after her shower. She quickly drifted off to sleep and didn't hear Malcolm slip back into the cabin with another visitor.

"She just needs to get a good night's sleep." Malcolm told Clovis.

Clovis yawned and nodded.

"I can cast a charm so she'll have at least twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep. Zeus knows that she needs it." He placed a hand on Annabeth's head and her body immediately relaxed and she sighed in her sleep.

Heroes of Olympus/Magnus Chase Sickficsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें