The Mighty Fall

Hello friends! So, I might have some explaining to do. star76533 requested some sick Reyna a literal month ago and I'm just now getting the time to sit down and write. I promise I didn't forget about you dear, 15 college hours and 30 hours a week in retail just simply don't make for much free time. Any who, I hope you all enjoy and please make sure to leave a comment telling me what you think and don't be afraid to inbox me with a prompt or idea you might have!
P.S. This will mostly be based off of my current experience as I currently have the cold from hell and am possibly dying! Enjoy!

Reyna woke up with the distinct feeling of "ick" that came with the onset of a cold. Probably just a simple cold, Reyna reasoned. Nothing she hadn't dealt with a hundred times before. Despite having once been an equally loved and feared Praetor of New Rome, Reyna's immune system had never been the strongest and the changing of seasons was one she always dreaded. 

Reyna swallowed against a sore throat and could feel that one nostril was completely clogged while the other ran freely with snot. She sniffed, rubbed her face, and got out of bed. 

Reyna wondered into the kitchen where her girlfriend, Rachel, stood spreading cream cheese onto a bagel.

"Morning" Reyna croaked. She hadn't been prepared for how raspy her voice sounded. Reyna walked up behind Rachel, putting her arms around the red head's waist and burying her face in Rachel's shoulder length curls.

"Afternoon is more like it. It's almost noon. Are you feeling okay?" Rachel asked, sounding worried, as she turned her head to put her lips on Reyna's temple, checking for a fever.

"Just a cold. You know that winter hates me. It's no big deal."

"Hmm. You don't have a fever, so I will choose to believe you for the time being. Do you want breakfast?"

"Can I have some tea? With honey?"

"Who are you and what have you done with Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano? My girlfriend won't even look at tea, much less drink it." Rachel giggled.

"Would you rather I have coffee?" After the "Great Coffee Debacle of 2015" Rachel had forbade Reyna from ever drinking the caffeinated beverage again.

"Point taken. One tea with honey coming up." Rachel smiled and kissed Reyna on the forehead. 

Reyna moved to the couch in the adjoining living room of the apartment and sat down while she waited for her tea. She still felt tired even though, according to Rachel, she had slept almost twelve hours. 

Reyna was busy giggling at a video of a teacup pig that Piper had sent her when Rachel appeared with tea and, thankfully for Reyna's dripping nose, a box of tissues.

"Have I mentioned that I love you lately?" Reyna took the steaming mug and smiled at Rachel as she sat down next to her and handed her a tissue.

"Probably, but it's always nice to hear. Can I get you anything else?"

"I think I'm good for the moment. Just don't leave."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

The two girls sat on the couch with feet tangled together in comfortable silence. Reyna drank her tea and eventually fell asleep. 

As colds go, when Reyna woke up she felt worse.

"Uggh" Reyna groaned, which triggered a wet cough from deep in her chest. She knew she sounded pathetic, but couldn't help it. Something about being sick made her inner seven year old come to the surface.

Reyna's eyes popped open as she took in the absence of a body beside her.

"Rachel?" Reyna rasped. Her voice sounded no different than if she had just smoked two packs of cigarettes.

No answer. Reyna got up off of the couch and stumbled a bit, being in one position for so long had made her legs go stiff.

She padded to the bedroom and looked in to find no trace of the red head. Reyna knocked on the bathroom door that led off of the bedroom.

"Rachel?"

Reyna got no answer besides something that sounded like a cross between a whimper and a grunt. She opened the door and saw a worrying sight.

Rachel was leaning with her back against the bathtub and her head between her knees. Even though Reyna's nose was completely clogged, it was hard to miss the smell coming from the toilet.

"Oh sweetie! What happened?"

"I-um-I didn't feel well this morning, but then you were sick so I just wanted to take care of you and hoped it would pass. There's been a stomach bug going around school. About half of the kids have been out sick in the last week. You shouldn't be around me right now, especially since you're already sick." Rachel looked up at Reyna with glassy eyes and looking paler than Reyna had previously thought was possible.

"Do you think you'll be sick again?"

"Not right now."

"Let's get you to bed."

"Reyna, I can take care of myself. You should be resting." Rachel argued as Reyna helped her off the bathroom floor.

"I'm sorry, have you met me? Who would I be to let my girlfriend suffer while I have a little cold."

"You'll get sick."

"Stop making excuses. I'm going to help you." Reyna insisted as she pulled the covers back and Rachel climbed into bed.

"Can I get you anything?"

"Tea?"

"Will do. And When I get back we can spend the rest of the day cuddling and sleeping."

"That, sounds amazing. Don't forget to-"

"Put two sugars and a teaspoon of honey in the tea. What do you take me for, an amateur?" Reyna laughed, which once again turned into a painful cough.

Reyna went to the kitchen and went about making tea for Rachel, making another mug for herself as well since her throat still hurt.

Reyna was not surprised to find Rachel asleep when she returned to the room. She put the two mugs of tea on the dresser and was quick to curl up under the covers with her girlfriend, once again burying her face in the other girl's curls. 

The girls spent the next few day recuperating. However, that isn't to say that they didn't spend a few more days in bed with each other.