Nightmares and Coffee Tables

Hello my lovelies! My wifi has returned from the war for the time being. I received a prompt from EmmaClaireThomas for sick Percy and some nightmares. I'm not sure I really delivered what you requested, but I had an idea and I ran with it. Don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments!
P.S. There are scenes in this fic where some mild abusive behavior takes place. Please do not read this if that could trigger you in any way. Read responsibly my loves.

*TRIGGER WARNING: MENTION OF PAST AND CURRENT ABUSE*

The first thing Percy could sense was a headache. The next thing he noticed was his step-dad Ugly Gabe yelling at his mother to do some laundry for once in her life.

Wait. Ugly Gabe? Percy was sure his mother had used the head of Medusa to petrify the jerk and sold him to the highest bidder.

Percy's eyes popped open. He was automatically assaulted by the light coming through his bedroom window. Percy snapped his eyes shut and carefully opened them again. Why was he back in the old apartment? He hadn't set foot in this place since he was thirteen years old! A loud bang ricocheted through Percy's head, not helping his growing headache in the least.

"It's about time you woke up sleeping beauty! These floors ain't gonna clean themselves! Get your lazy butt out of bed princess!" Gabe shouted.

"Wha?" Percy rubbed his temples. He sniffled and winced at how tinder the back of his throat was. Not only was Ugly Gabe somehow back from the land of statues, but Percy was fairly certain he had caught a cold. He had probably caught it from Jason, who had been sick a week earlier.

Jason! Percy thought about all of his friends and how this must be some sort of trick by the gods. He vaguely wondered why his father would ever let something like Smelly Gabe happen twice.

"Get your lazy butt up! Am I speaking Portuguese?"

Percy tried to hide the shock on his face and got out of bed.

"That's more like it. Start in the kitchen. I want to be able to see myself."

"Who would ever want to see that ugly mug?" Percy said under his breath. Apparently time had made him forget how good Gabe's hearing was. Within a matter of seconds Gabe was nose to nose with Percy, it was actually more like nose to throat since Percy had grown considerably in five years.

"What was that, punk?" Gabe growled.

"Nothing." Percy looked at the floor and waited for Gabe to be satisfied that he had won the argument.

"Thought so."

Percy coughed and rubbed his runny nose. He walked to the kitchen to start cleaning and was met by his mother in her old candy striped uniform.

"Mom, what's going on?"

"What do you mean, Percy?" She asked as she pulled her shoe on.

"Why is Gabe back? Where's Paul?"

"Gabe never left sweetie. Who's Paul?"

"The whole thing with Medusa's head? You petrified Gabe remember? You used the money you made off of his statue to go back to college and write your first novel. Yesterday I was home with you and Paul and baby Ali. We were talking about how she had just rolled over for the first time."

"Isn't Camp Half-Blood that place you made up when you were younger? You wanted to go to camp so badly, so you made one for yourself. Also, Ali as in the neighbor's daughter who is thirteen?"