In Which Leo Valdez Passes Out Quite A Lot

Hello my loves! This is yet another request I've had sitting in my inbox since somewhere around November. This comes from rcrnkovi05 for some OG Seven shenanigans on the Argo II! I'm sorry this sat undone for so long, but hopefully I can do it justice for you now!

P.S. This fic is literally all over the place. I'm sorry if it's really bad, but now it's written and it wasn't before. If you hate it, message me with another prompt that you fancy and maybe I can redeem myself!

Alarms. Alarms were the first thing Leo was aware of, which was definitely his preferred way of waking up in the morning.

Autopilot took over and Leo was standing at the ships control panel before he had even registered he was standing. Once he had however, a wave of vertigo hit so hard that he struggled not to fall over again. After a moment, the dizziness subsided, but the pressure remained behind Leo's eyes. He tried to ignore it and tried to focus on the task at hand.

Leo frantically looked around at the various monitors, gauges, and buttons to identify the problem. He blinked rapidly, trying to clear away the blurriness of his vision.

After staring at the panel for way longer than he should have, Leo saw the problem. The altitude meter was dropping. Fast.

"Festus? Buddy? Talk to me!" Leo shouted, hoping Festus wasn't in the middle of an upgrade.

Leo was relieved to hear slow creaks and whirs, a tell tale sign that the bronze dragon was not thrilled about being woken up.

"Hey, buddy! Help a guy out? I'd like to not die tonight." He couldn't help it when a nervous laugh slipped out.

Leo tried to focus on the creaking of the dragon. According to Festus, one of the engines had been damaged when they'd had a run in with some mountain giants a few days ago and had been leaking fuel ever since. Now, it had simply stopped working.

"Amazing!" Leo couldn't help but laugh. He bobbed up and down for a moment, trying to think of what to do.

Although Festus' creeks and whirs didn't quite translate into human speech, if Festus could have spoken at that exact moment his creaks and whirs would have translated quite clearly to "Emergency landing, dummy!"'

"Thanks, bud!" Leo threw open the door to his room, the engine room that he fell asleep in almost every night, and ran down the hall towards the stairs leading to the upper deck and manual steering column. As an after thought, Leo started banging on the doors of his friends rooms, almost smacking Percy in the face, who was already on his way out of his room to see what was going on, in the process.

"What's'a'gon'on?" Jason yelled, still half asleep but also somehow having managed to brandish his sword and a shield.

"Ship! crashing! No! fuel!" Leo heaved for breath as he yelled behind him. White spots danced in his, still blurry, vision. Leo shook his head to try to clear his vision.

Leo took the stairs two at a time and skidded to a stop just before colliding with the steering column. Sure enough, the ship had taken a slow, but definite nose dive and there was something smoking on the left side of the ship, most likely one of the engines.

"Leo!" Piper said from somewhere behind Leo. Everyone was on deck and seemed to be trying not to fall over, all of them holding on to various stationary objects.

"What's going on?" Percy yelled over the mounting winds.

"We appear to be on a collision course with-" Leo looked over the edge of the ship to double check that he wasn't seeing things "a quaint little village!"