Things You've Seen

Hello friends!  I needed some Percabeth in my life and I love some good angst, so why not combine the two?  I feel like all of the Seven would have nightmares and trouble sleeping after the war, but none would be worse than Percy, Annabeth, and Nico.  Those three have been to literal Hell.  Prepare for All of the feels and let me know what you think!

Running.  Running away.  Percy could hear his heartbeat in his ears and the steady slap of his sneakers hitting the ground.  He was in Tartarus.  Percy couldn't recall what he was running from, but he knew that he just had to keep running.

Perseus Jackson.  You thought you could escape us.  You will never be free.

The very walls seemed to reverberate with the voice.  Percy had no idea where, or who, it was coming from.

Then he was falling.  The earth folded itself like an accordion under his feet.

Percy jolted awake.  He gripped the sheets underneath him that were damp with sweat.  He tried to take a slow, deep breath.  He was not in Tartarus.  Percy was in the Poseidon cabin and all of his friends were safe.  Annabeth was sleeping soundly in the Athena cabin.  Percy looked at the clock beside his bunk.

2:30 a.m.

Percy was not surprised by this.  He had barely gotten a full night's sleep in six months of being back in New York and at camp.  Tonight was actually the first night he had slept in almost two days, even then, it had only been about three hours.

Percy got up and turned on the lights in his cabin.  There was no way he was getting back to sleep anytime soon.  He walked over to the small desk that had never been used before six months ago and sat down.  Percy pulled a notepad and pen out of one of the drawers and started to flip through the pages until he found an empty spot.  Some of the entries were drawings of things Percy had seen or heard about, but most of the entries were the adventures, good and bad, Percy had had with his friends over the last six years.  Chiron was the one who had suggested Percy start the journal, as a way for him to clear his head.  The process had actually proven very therapeutic, but tonight Percy couldn't focus.  His dyslexia was in full gear and the words rearranged themselves and floated around the page.

"Gods of Olympus!"  Percy yelled.

Percy leaned back in his chair and wondered what to do.  Sleeping was definitely out of the question and no one was awake right now.  Percy resigned himself to another night walking through camp alone. He pulled on his sneakers and walked out the door.

While Percy didn't enjoy not getting sleep, he did enjoy seeing the camp come to life in the mornings.  Around six, Chiron stepped out onto the porch of the Big House with his morning coffee.  Percy spotted some of the Apollo kids over at the infirmary shortly after.  He also spotted Will Solace coming out of the Hades cabin.  Percy rolled his eyes. When were those two just going to admit they were dating?  Percy wondered around until 8:30 and then went back to his cabin to get dressed for the day and head to breakfast.

Percy was just pulling his shoes back on when a wave of dizziness overcame him.  He sat down on his bunk and tried to shake off the sudden queasy feeling in his stomach.  Once Percy was sure that he wouldn't fall over, he once again walked out the door and toward the dining pavilion.

He wasn't sure how it had happened, but Percy found himself at the sword fighting arena instead of the dining pavilion, with no memory of getting there.  That worried him slightly, but Percy once again shook off the feeling and made his was to breakfast, paying careful attention to where he was going.

"Morning Seaweed Brain."  Greeted Annabeth when Percy got to the Poseidon table a few moments later.  The two sat together at pretty much every meal now, nobody really had the heart to tell them no.