Invasion of The Body Snatchers, or a Delirious Boyfriend? You Decide.

Hello, my loves! This request is for some loopy, sick Nico with an exasperated, yet worried, Will. I wrote half of this on my phone so I'm sorry if there are crazy typos! As always, let me know what you think in the comments and swing by my inbox with any prompt ideas!

"Will!" Nico pushed at Will's shoulder. "Will, wake up!"

"Who-who died?" Will slurred, opening his eyes slightly to look at Nico, expecting to see some part of him broken or bleeding seeing as the sun was just starting to peek its way into the Hades cabin. He'd never seen Nico awake before 10 a.m., and that was after Persephone herself had payed a visit and given him an errand to run. Even then...

Wait.

Will sat up and rubbed at his eyes, looking around and trying to get the world to come into focus, and make sure he wasn't hallucinating. The, incredibly cliche, heavy black velvet curtains that usually completely blocked out the sun at any time of day were drawn to the side, letting the early morning sunlight stream in.

"The curtains are open." Will observed, not quite sure what to make of this new development.

"I just felt like we needed some sunlight in here today. Sunlight is so underrated." Nico explained, getting up from the other side of the two bunks they'd pushed together last night. Will was really starting to think he must be dreaming, Nico was literally bouncing with excitement. "We should take a sunrise stroll!" Nico gasped. "That would be so romantic!" He gasped, turning back to Will with a huge grin.

"You usually tell me it's overrated and sleep until at least noon. Who are you, and what have you done with my boyfriend?" Will rubbed his eyes again, really unable to believe what he was seeing.

"C'mon! Can't I just enjoy the beautiful day with my beautiful boyfriend?" Nico pouted.

"Did one of the Aphrodite kid's try to dose you with a love potion again?" Will asked. Although, it would be less of a "try to" and more of a "succeeded" this time, Will silently ammended. He almost hoped Nico would say yes, that would make this situation feel much less "Invasion of The Body Snatchers."

"Nope. I'm just really excited about life today, y'know." Nico sighed dreamily, gazing out the window.

Still thoroughly wierded out by the events unfolding before him, but not one to say no to a nice sunrise and alone time with his boyfriend, Will shrugged. "Alright, I guess since we're both awake, a walk would be nice." He smiled.

They got dressed, rather, Will got dressed. Nico had apparently been up long enough to shower, get dressed, and apparently put on cologne that Will hadn't even been aware he owned.

"You smell good." Will inhaled deeply, meeting Nico by the door.

Nico smiled softly and bounced on his toes to give Will a kiss before opening the door and jogging out into the April morning. Will grabbed jackets for them as an after thought. They'd reached that time of year when mornings were cool enough for light jackets, but afternoons were bordering on hot.

"Here." Will said, helping Nico into his jacket. Was it his imagination, or did Nico feel feverish?

"Thanks." Nico smiled as he took Will's hand and led him to one of the hiking paths that wound around the lake.

Will tried to gauge Nico's temperature through his hand, but couldn't really tell if the heat was coming from himself or his boyfriend. Ultimately, he decided that it was just a cool morning and Nico had been more active than usual.

They'd walked- well, Will had walked, Nico had jogged- about halfway around the lake when Will decided that something was definitely wrong. He was almost certain that Nico was coming down with something. Will couldn't be sure, in the entire time they'd know each other, he'd never seen Nico sick— usually just near death and comatose after he refused to admit that he'd been hurt. He'd never seen him like this, whatever this super hyper and energetic Nico was. He watched as Nico bounced up and down, a definite flush to his cheeks now.