Wait, What?!

Hello again friends! I got a few different requests for some sick Annabeth with a caring Percy and some angst on the side! I hope you know what you've just gotten yourselves into! Read on my lovelies, and don't forget to let me know what you think in the comments! 

Annabeth woke up in a puddle of her own drool and snot, which was actually not the worst way she had ever woken up. She sat up and her head immediately felt stuffy and one of her nostrils was completely blocked while snot flowed freely from the other. Annabeth groaned and tried to stem the flow of bodily fluids with her pajama shirt sleeve. She had been fighting a cold for the past two days, and it seemed that the virus had finally gotten the best of her. 

Annabeth sniffled and stood up. She quickly went about getting ready. Percy was on his way from the city today. He had been spending time at home with his mother, Paul, and new baby sister.  Most of the summer had been spent calling and iris messaging each other, it was maddening, especially since all of the "Hera taking Percy's memories and transporting him across the country business. Annabeth hated not being able to see or touch her boyfriend.

Once she had pulled on her trademark Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and jeans, Annabeth walked to the dining pavilion where she found her brother's and sister's already seated at the table, although none of them looked very awake at the moment. Many of them clutched mugs of coffee or energy drinks, the Athena cabin was not known for getting ample amounts of sleep. Annabeth took her seat next to one of her younger siblings, Maggie. Maggie was thirteen and was a year-rounder, like Annabeth, but had only been at camp for about a year. Annabeth smiled when a steaming cup of coffee was already at her fingertips.

"I figured you'd want a cup of coffee and Malcolm told me not to wake you up. He said you had a rough night." 

"Thank you, Maggie." Annabeth took a sip of her coffee and smiled. She looked down the table at Malcolm, who was already looking at her. She hadn't shared most of what had happened while she and Percy were in Tartarus or what happened when she was traveling with the Seven, but her nightmares and screams had woken her siblings enough that they didn't need to ask. Annabeth nodded toward Malcolm, silently thanking him. She had begged him not to tell Chiron that the nightmares were still so bad, and he had obliged.

"So are you excited?"

"What?" Annabeth turned toward Maggie. She rubbed at the spot between her eyebrows as a headache started to build.

"Your boyfriend is coming today, isn't he?"

"Yeah. We've hardly seen each other this summer."

"I can't wait to meet him! Is he cute?"

"That's right, you haven't met Percy yet. I think he's pretty cute.Don't tell him I said that though." Annabeth smiled.

Annabeth rarely kept her phone with her when she was at camp, but today she made an exception. Percy had said he would get her around lunch time and that was about four hours. Annabeth kept checking the clock on her phone, minutes were starting to feel like hours. It didn't help that the small headache from that morning was starting to grow into a real problem. Knowing she wouldn't be missed at morning activities, or at least no one would force her to go, Annabeth went back to the Athena cabin to take a nap. 

Annabeth lay down in her bunk and tried to relax. The coffee from earlier was still coursing through her system, making relaxing a real effort. As the headache got increasingly worse, she huffed. She got up and walked to the bathroom. 

The Athena campers had taken to keeping a small arsenal of mortal medications in their cabin. This was mostly because none of them wanted to go to the infirmary every time they got a headache from staring at a computer screen for too long and also because most of them, though they would never admit it, had a problem with pride and admitting when they need help.