Drinking Games

Hello my loves! I received a prompt asking for Percy and Leo BrOTP and I'm excited to see how it comes out! Don't forget to let me know what you think in the comments and shoot me a message if you have a prompt you'd like me to write!

Leo swallowed once again and whimpered. For the past few days it had felt like he was swallowing sand paper.

"My throat hurts!" Leo whispered to Percy as they sat in the school library.

"I should turn your complaining into a drinking game. Although, I'd probably get alcohol poisoning." Percy stage-whispered back.

"Aren't friends supposed to be worried when a friend tells them they're in pain?"

"Not when that friend has talked about being in pain constantly for the last two days."

Leo huffed and looked back down at what he and Percy were working on. 

The two boys had just started their Sophomore year of college together in New Rome. Leo had been running himself ragged to keep up with his classes, and he was definitely starting to feel it. It was only the third day of classes and their Roman History professor had already assigned a research paper on the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.

"This is impossible." Leo huffed and lay his head down on the book he was trying to read. He felt so hot, and not in a good way. Every part of him ached. 

"That's why we're working together. Neither of us would have any hope doing this alone."

"We don't have any hope doing this together. My throat still hurts."

"Where can a guy get a drink around here?"

"Ha ha. Very funny. Are we done yet? I've been staring at this book for hours and I haven't learned anything."

"First of all, we've been here forty-five minutes. Second of all, you haven't even turned the page on that book. Lucky for you, I think I've gathered enough research to get us started. We can work from home for the time being." 

"I'd hardly call a dorm home." Leo said.

"They're still better than the Freshman dorms." 

"True. Let's get out of here." Leo stood up and held the table for a moment to get his bearings. Percy was already at the entrance to the library. Leo quickly caught up, his sore muscles protesting all the way.

The boys walked out into the California summer and Leo was immediately sweating. He shielded his eyes from the bright midday sun. 

"I'm starving. You wanna grab some lunch?"

"Sure." In all honesty, Leo wasn't hungry. He actually felt a little nauseous. If Leo didn't know any better, he would say he was sick. The problem was, he didn't know any better. He had rarely been sick as a kid, and had usually ignored the problem until it went away. When he was still in foster care, Leo hardly ever mentioned not feeling well. Best case scenario when you tell a near stranger that you don't feel well, you get a day or two in bed with soup and apple juice. Worst case scenario, you get told to suck it up and get threatened with being taken back to your social worker. So no, Leo wasn't really sure how to be sick.

"Earth to Leo!" Percy snapped his fingers under Leo's nose and waited.

"Wh-what?"

"You totally spaced, man. I've been talking to no one for the last five minutes. Where did you want to go for lunch?"

"I don't care."

Percy looked at Leo for a moment, shrugged, and continued walking. The pair ended up at a small pizza shop in the downtown area. Leo's stomach grumbled as he looked at the menu. He couldn't really bring himself to focus though. It felt as if he was in a fog. He felt cold and wondered why this restaurant had their thermostat so low.