Six Wheels

Hello my loves! I received a request from ruby_mcandrew for some Percy whump, and I just can't resist hurting this kid! Sorry if this isn't what you had in mind, this idea kind of ran away with my imagination! As always, let me know what you think in the comments and don't be afraid to drop any prompts into my inbox! Read on my lovelies! Yes, in case you were wondering, I did cry while writing this. Also, please head the trigger warning. I really enjoyed writing this, but please don't risk your own mental health to read it if you don't think you can handle this. I promise I won't be mad. <3

**Set post Tyrant's Tomb with a few changes, but none that really make a difference, because I'm feeling particularly vindictive tonight.**

P.S. New Book!! Limited Time Offer! I'm doing a writing tag for my Tumblr, but it wasn't getting much love so I brought it to you all! The book is titled Bad Things Happen Bingo Tumblr Tag! If you like what you see here, I bet you'll like it there too! Go check it out!

TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH, HEAVY TALK ABOUT SUICIDE/SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. VERY HEAVY SH*T!!!

Everything was fine, Percy swears. Everything was fine. He had finally gotten back to normal life, even gotten to a point where he felt stable enough to leave therapy! Then, then Annabeth showed up at work one day. She was crying.

Jason was dead.

Annabeth's voice shook as she said the words, but she wasn't crying or anything, probably shock. She wouldn't cry until much later. Percy didn't cry either for the record, he just couldn't comprehend those words in a sentence together. Jason. Dead. Murdered.

Percy asked her to repeat herself. He couldn't have heard that right. Jason was dead? After all that they had gone through? After escaping certain death countless times?

Jason, couldn't just be gone.

Percy didn't, couldn't, really feel anything until after the funeral. He wasn't sad, angry, distraught, but after the funeral, after the funeral he got angry. He got angrier than he'd been in a long time.

After getting back to New York from Jason's funeral, he had gotten angry at something. He honestly couldn't tell you what it was now, but it had him seeing red. He screamed and the spray nozzle on the faucet erupted. Annabeth, who had barely left their room since walking into the apartment, came out and asked what had happened. He lashed out.

Percy screamed. At Annabeth. He'd never done that before.

She looked taken aback, scared even. The only other time she'd looked at Percy like that was back in Tartarus, when he was drowning Ahkyls. She was scared. Scared of him.

Before either of them can say anything, Percy is grabbing his keys and running out of the house. Gods, he's so angry.

That's how Percy Jackson found himself going 85 mph on the free way at 12:30 in the morning two days after Jason Grace's funeral. Hot tears ran down his face. He couldn't see. He didn't care. He didn't even see the sharp curve in the road until it was too late. Percy's last sensation was of his car leaping the edge of the road and the soul-rattling impact with the ground on the other side of the highway.

So yes, everything was fine, good even. Then it just, wasn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wheels of Percy's mind start to turn slowly.

At first he can't see. Once he finally can, the world is upside down. Someone is looking at him, with their arms reaching towards him. A woman? Percy thinks she's holding his neck. None of this is making any sense.