Cherry Cough Drops and Lotion Tissues

Hello my lovelies! I've had this halfway written for almost an entire month, but life is hard sometimes and it was really hard to come back to writing for a little bit. How are you today? How is 2019 treating you so far? In keeping with the theme of my nonexistent update schedule, this request comes from READINGN3RD from way back in November for some stubborn FierroChase! Read on my lovelies and don't forget to let me know what you think in the comments!

"Morning Sunshine." Magnus greeted Alex as he walked into the floor 19 dining room that morning.

Alex gave no reply. He simply looked past Magnus to get to the coffee machine and poured himself a cup before sitting down opposite Magnus.

"Better?" Magnus chuckled as Alex took a sip.

"Shh. Alex put his finger to his lips, sniffled, and rubbed his nose.

"You okay?" Magnus asked skeptically.

"SHH" Alex said, more forcefully this time, coughing as a consequence.

"You don't look okay." Magnus surveyed Alex's puffy, chapped face.

Alex sniffled and went back to his coffee.

A few minutes later, Alex had finished his first cup of coffee and looked up at Magnus.

"I'm fine. Allergies." Alex explained as he squeezed his eyes shut and pushed his fingers into the bridge of his nose.

"You have allergies?" Magnus sounded surprised.

"Yes, Mango. Why is that so shocking?" Alex huffed, feeling a sneeze coming on.

"You just-"

"Hscheww!" Alex interrupted with a high pitched sneeze aimed into his shirt.

"Don't seem like the type." Magnus shrugged. "Also, it's January. Don't allergies usually flare up in Spring and Summer? Side note, that was possibly the cutest sneeze I've ever heard."

That comment earned Magnus one of Alex's famous, "I'll kill you ten different ways" looks.

"Maybe I'm allergic to you." Alex feigned surprise.

"Hurtful!" Magnus clutched his chest and tried to look hurt.

"It would explain so much though." Alex pointed out.

"You should take some allergy medicine. This can't be comfortable." Magnus offered, gesturing vaguely toward Alex.

"I'll survive. It'll be gone by tomorrow." Alex reassured Magnus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was not gone by tomorrow.

Alex woke up the next day with his nose completely stuffed up plus the feeling of constantly needing to sneeze, face puffy and dry, and feeling like someone had shoved cotton into his ears.

"You look gross." Magnus noted when Alex came into the breakfast room.

"You look grosd." Alex replied as he coughed into his sleep.

"Just go back to bed. I don't want your plague." Magnus shooed Alex.

"I told you is'a jus' allerdgies." Alex sniffled. He pushed two fingers against the bridge of his nose, hoping to alleviate the need to sneeze.

"Can you even see me? Your eyes are basically swollen shut." Magnus observed. Alex's entire face was swollen. His nose and lips were chapped where he'd obviously been rubbing them.

"I'b fide."

"For the record, I don't believe you, but I know that you are completely capable and willing to kill me if I try to make you go back to bed."