Chapter 14

Amanda's POV
~4 months and 3 weeks later~

I'm sitting in a bar drinking some wine, thinking about everything that's changed. I changed my hair it's now an ombre look and I cut it to shoulder length. I love it and I lost a bit of weight but it's really healthy and I workout everyday. I eat healthy and am the happiest I've ever been in all my life. I have a boyfriend named Ethan and he's so sweet. We've been together for two months and it's been the best two months. We've talked about marriage and I'm not ready yet but that's okay with him. We haven't done anything because he thinks it's important to be married first. So for four months I've no contact with anyone in that manner. It will be five soon. I look up from my glass and someone really familiar comes into view. Is that Alesha? She looks a bit different with the blonde in her hair.

"Alesha?" I say, walking to her.

"I'm sorry but do I know you?" she asks with a sweet smile.

"It's me Amanda. Amanda Holden." I laugh.

"OH MY GOD BABE!" she yelps and jumps up, wrapping her legs around me.
"I've not seen you in ages love." she whispers and I can tell she's crying.

"It's only been like five months." I chuckle.

"Six for me because I had a record deal and then got sick so I didn't see you for a full month." she smiles and kisses my cheek.
"Would you like to come over for dinner tonight?" she asks sweetly. I can't turn her down so I agree and she gives me her address. After I leave the bar I go back to my place to meet with Ethan. I walk into the house and Ethan is sitting on my couch playing on his phone.

"Hey hun." I say loud enough for him to hear me.

"Hey boo. So, I was thinking we dinner together." he says with a bright smile after kissing my lips softly.

"Actually an old friend invited me over to her place for dinner and I was kinda hoping I could go eat with her." I smile lightly and I see the disappointment set in for him.

"Sure, of course you can. Have fun." he says and kisses me before leaving in his car. I decide to go get a shower and then grab some of my makeup to put on. Once I'm done I feel pretty beautiful. (picture up above) I still have another hour before I have to be there so I lay on my couch for about thirty minutes and thenI decide to take a Taxi to Alesha's house. Once I arrive I'm greeted by David.

"Amanda! Wow, it's been awhile." he smiles and hugs me.

"How have you been Dave?" I ask.

"I've been fantastic. Well dinner is almost ready. Alesha is in the kitchen so go on." he chuckles and sits back down on the couch.

"Alesha." I call her name as I walk into the kitchen.

"Come help me finish up these potatoes! They are almost done just need to put a few finishing touches." she smiles. She hands me bacon bits and tells me to sprinkle them while she goes to answer the door. I hear her and a slightly familiar voice walk in.
"Well, dinners almost done so here's a neat whisky. Go watch T.V with David." she giggles and then walks up beside me just as I finish up.

"All done." I giggle and she wraps her arms loosely around me.

"I've missed you so much Manda." she whispers and lays her head on my heart.
"Okay, if you'll go get the boys then we can eat." she smiles at me so I walk into the living room and see the back of David and one other man.

"Time for dinner." I say with a smile. David spins around and leaves the room while the other man stays at the t.v. for a moment and then turns around. The man I see in front of me makes me breathing stop as well as my heart. I can't believe he's actually in front of me.

"Amanda is that you?" he asks with a small smile, turning his head slightly.

"Yeah." I say holding back tears because deep down I really missed him.
"It's me." I say and sniffle to keep the tears back. He takes long strides towards me and picking me up, hugging me tightly in his arms. His scent is just the same as it was the day I met him and he still wears the same wardrobe. I notice he has a necklace on and I look down pulling out a small dog tag that says Eric Phillip Cowell. It then has a date and says 'I love you Daddy even in Heaven.'
"Is this the babies name?" I ask, looking into his now hurting eyes with an arm still wrapped around his neck.

"Yeah, Eric was a month early but then Lauren got in a wreck a few months later and the impact killed him." he says and a tear starts to run down his cheek.

"I'm so sorry Simon. I didn't know." I sigh and pull him back to me because he is now crying. After a few minutes both of us walk to the dinner table where David and Alesha are waiting nicely.

"Ready?" Alesha asks with a huge smile.

"Yeah lets do this." I smile back and poke her ribs making her giggle.

~skip dinner~

Simon and I stand out on the balcony while Alesha and David are inside cleaning up everthing because they wouldn't let us.
"So, how have you been?" he asks.

"I've been the best that I've ever been. I'm the healthiest ever. Work out everyday and eat right." I smile.

"You also changed you apperance quite a bit." he chuckles and looks at the sun setting so perfectly.

"I needed something a little different and so I changed and got things right. For the first month apart I went to rehab to get help and then afterwards I had to change myself because the old me was gone." I say staring at the same thing and then feel him move a bit closer to me. I look at my phone and it's actually getting kinda late. It's a thirty minute ride in a taxi.
"I better call a taxi before it gets to late." I say and start to walk away but Simon stops me.

"I'll take you home." he says sweetly and I nod feeling old feelings start to bubble back up. We walk in and say our goodbyes and then start to drive to my place.
"So, when you said you changed yourself was it because of me?" he asks softly.

"No, of course not. I was done being mad at everyone and hurting so much. It was time to get rid of that me and I've never been so happy. I needed this so much." I reply as we pull into my driveway right behind my car. He gets out with me and we begin a slow walk to my door as I get out my house key. I stop and look up at the stars that are so beautiful tonight and I can feel his stare on me. I smile and then look back at him. He starts to move closer to me and his hand slides on my face. Part of me wants me to stop him but the rest of me wants him to kiss me and love me again. I feel his lips softly press against me and fireworks start going off inside of me.