Alice

As my vision cleared, I saw a beautiful woman kneeling in front of me. Her long pink hair spilled down over her shoulders, and her large amber eyes sparkled with tears. Her black ears twitched, and her long black tail twined over her shoulder. She looked absolutely beautiful, and I was instantly reminded of the mother I had left behind fifteen years ago.

"Kawaii~Chan..." My voice sounded hoarse from screaming earlier, and I felt so weak. She smiled at me, squeezing my hand tightly.

"It's been so long Alicia~Chan. Kawaii~Chan has missed you so much!" I felt tears in my eyes, and I felt like I was back home in Tu'lia.

"Kawaii~Chan? Do you know this Meif'wa?" I looked away from Kawaii~Chan to see a woman standing near a wall full of medicines and books. Her long light brown hair was pulled back, cascading down her back. She wore a simple white dress covered with a brown apron. Her piercing green eyes stared at me with confusion and worry.

"Kawaii~Chan does. This is Alicia~Chan." I smiled at the woman to the best of my abilities. "She... she's Kawaii~Chan's sister." The woman's eyes widened, and she kept staring at me.

"You never told anyone that you had a sister Kawaii~Chan!" My sister shrugged, looking down at me with warmth and sadness in her eyes.

"Kawaii~Chan got so caught up in her life she forgot to send word to Alicia~Chan that it was okay to come over to Ru'an. She's so sorry Alicia~Chan." I shook my head, hating the pounding headache that kept distracting me.

"It's not your fault. We're together now." As soon as I finished speaking, a bolt of pain shot through my side and I groaned. The woman ran over to me, searching for my wound.

"Kawaii~Chan, can you go and get Donna? I need all the help I can get." KC nodded, jumping up and running away, her pink dress fluttering. "Where does it hurt the most?" I motioned down to my mid-section where I could feel hot blood trickling down my skin. She pulled up my blouse just enough to see the wounds. She grimaced when she saw the countless on my midriff.

"What happened out there?" She murmured to herself. She stood and went over to the shelves. Grabbing some supplies, she hurried back to me and knelt at my side.

Kawaii~Chan ran back into the building, towing an older woman with brown hair behind her. "Thalia~Sama! Kawaii~Chan brought Donna~San!" Thalia didn't even look up from my injuries, but instead motioned the older woman over.

"Thanks Kawaii~Chan. I don't know if you want to stay, but you can if you really want to." My sister smiled, coming to the foot of my bed and sitting down. I smiled back at her before closing my eyes, trying to block out the pain.

But just her presence seemed to calm me down. She was the only true family I had left after all.