Richard

I sat on the back of my horse, slowly approaching the gates of New Meteli. I hadn't been here often, but it was such a beautiful place that I always spent more time than was needed.

    Approaching the gates, I nodded to the guards. They looked on edge, and stopped me before I could proceed.

        "Please state your intent." One of the guards spoke. Giving a confused smile, I told them.

        "I am here on business of Lady Aphmau with a message for Lady Cadenza." They exchanged a look before the first guard shook his head again.

        "I'm sorry sir, but Lady Cadenza is currently preoccupied. If you could come back in a couple of days?" I shook my head, tightening my grip on the reins of my horse.

        "No can do. This message is urgent; it could be a matter of life or death, I swear it." The second guard sighed, glancing at the first one.

        "I'll take him to Zack. You wait here Gale." The woman nodded, returning her gaze to the road. The other guard motioned for me to follow him, and he lead me through the tunnel and into the main streets of Meteli. Stopping outside of Lady Cadenza's house, he knocked on the door.

        "Zack! There's a messenger from Lady Aphmau here!" The door was yanked open by a pale skinned man with turquoise eyes and messy black hair. He looked exhausted and worried sick, but a fierce expression was on his face.

        "Go. I told you that I didn't want to be bothered." He started to close the door, but I slipped off my horse and held the door open.

        "Sir, I need to speak to Lady Cadenza about something that could end up changing the fate of this region. Please, I am here on business of Lady Aphmau herself." Looking around, he grabbed my arm and yanked me into the house.

        "Listen, what I am about to tell you is only for Lady Aphmau and anyone she deems worthy enough to trust with this. Don't tell anyone else, alright?" I nodded, watching him closely. With a sigh, he sagged against the wall. "Lady Cadenza was kidnapped two days ago in the middle of the night." My eyes grew wide as I stared at him.

        "Oh my Irene... how did this happen?" He shook his head, shaking slightly.

        "I don't know. All I know is that I will find her and bring her back." He fell silent for several moments before speaking again. "Now please, tell me. Why are you here?" Straightening up, I looked him in the eyes.

        "Lady Aphmau wished for me to tell you that Zane Ro'Maeve is alive and back in the Ru'an region." Zack's mouth dropped open, and he fell back against the wall. "Also, if you have anyone in Meteli, children or elders, who you want to protect, the Phoenix Capital is offering protection." He nodded, still overwhelmed.

        "I-I'll spread the word. T-Thank you Sir Richard." I nodded my head to him before turning to leave.

        "I wish you luck in the days to come. And if Meteli needs any help, feel free to ask Phoenix Drop. I know that Lady Aphmau was very close to Cadenza." Zack nodded a final time before closing the door behind me.