Aphmau

I lay in bed, completely exhausted. I was drenched in sweat and breathing heavily, but thrilled. I would definitely be worn out tomorrow.

Zoey came into the room, and I grinned at her. She smiled back before looking down at the little bundle in her arms.

"Thalia checked her over and said she's perfectly healthy. Like I don't already know that! I've been helping children be born long before-" she stopped when she saw the look I was giving her. She giggled before coming closer. "Aphmau, meet your little girl." She held out the baby to me, and I took her in my arms, letting her rest on my chest. Her screams had been silenced for an hour or so, but a soft crying had replaced it.

As soon as my arms wrapped around her and held her close, she stopped crying. She looked up at me with a childish little smile, a giggle escaping her lips. I sighed, holding her warm body against mine.

"Hey there little one." I whispered, touching her lightly on the nose. She had black hair and blue eyes, but I knew that her eyes would change to a different color based on her parents' eye color. Her skin was also light, which I thought odd considering the fact that both Aaron and I had been tan. But oh well. I loved her just the same.

I had brought this little light into the world, and I knew with certainty that I would do absolutely anything to keep her safe.

"What are you going to name her?" Zoey whispered, kneeling at my side. I shook my head slightly, not wanting to disturb her.

"I don't know." My voice was slightly raspy after long hours of screaming and crying. She gurgled, and I laughed quietly.

"Do you want me to bring your kids up? Garroth and Katelyn and the others can wait until you are strong enough." I nodded, sighing gratefully. She gave me a smile before disappearing downstairs. Within a minute, the door was opened again by Levin and Malachi, Lilith holding onto their hands. I smiled at them, raising my head slightly.

"Hey there kids. Wanna meet your new little sister?" Levin's face broke into a grin, and Malachi picked Lilith up, carrying her over.

After looking at her and coddling her for several minutes, Levin looked up at me. "What are you naming her Mama?" I looked back down at her, the light in her eyes giving me an idea.

"Alina." I said firmly. After all, she was my light in the darkness. She showed me that life moves on even in the hardest of time. And she was also my only link to Aaron, and now I was determined.

I would bring him back. For my daughters, and for my sons. And especially for my little Alina.