Garroth

I walked through the streets of Phoenix Drop, hand in hand with Alice. The bright sun cast a warm glow over the village, creating a peaceful and joyful mood. Quite the opposite of how everyone was feeling.

The only joy in my world right now was Alice and the fact that Laurance was still alive and coming back home. But then, Laurance was stuck with the person I hated most in this world. I can't believe that both Aaron and Zane had been reborn, both in their own ways- Zane as a Shadow Knight and Aaron in the Irene Dimension. All I wish was that-

I was torn from my thoughts by Alice squeezing my hand, making me look at her. She gave me a smile, and instantly all of my worries and concerns melted away to nothing.

"Stop thinking Garroth." My mouth turned upwards into a lopsided smile, my gaze trapped by her gorgeous eyes.

"Sorry. I'll just become really dumb so that thinking isn't even a thought." I winked at her, and she rolled her eyes, snorting slightly.

"Oh shut up." I laughed, giving her hand a squeeze. Our arms swung at our side as we walked through the village, trying to enjoy the scenery. But it was hard to act like everything was okay when you couldn't hear the laughter of children. A village without children didn't seem like a village at all.

But instead of focusing on the bad, I instead turned my attention to the beautiful woman at my side, the woman whom I could call my lover. She lit up my world, and made me feel like I had never felt before, even when my gaze had been on Lady Aphmau.

Lady Aphmau. I remembered the times when I had been too scared to tell her how I felt about her. Thinking back, I realized that it was my own fault why Aaron was now trapped in the Irene Dimension. I don't know why Aphmau hadn't just left me there, or blamed me for everything that had happened. Instead, she had loved me for a while before her heart was stolen away from me. But now, I was with someone I loved even more, even if I didn't say it often.

Alice reached up and kissed me on my cheek, jolting me instantly from my thoughts. She raised an eyebrow at me, and I blushed. "Will it make you feel better if I say I was thinking about you?" She laughed, leaning against my shoulder and looking up.

"Will it make you feel better if I say I never stop thinking about you?" She whispered, and I kissed her on the forehead, loving the feeling of her next to me.

"Sir Garroth!" I groaned, raising my head and looking around. I saw Richard coming towards me, sitting astride his horse. He looked worried sick, and immediately my arguments fell away.

"Richard? What happened?" He slid off his horse next to me before coming close and whispering in my ear a phrase I had never expected to hear. I jerked back from him, stunned. "G-go and tell Lady Aphmau immediately. Now!" He nodded, jumping back onto his horse and racing towards Aphmau's house on the hill.

Alice looked up at me, concerned. "Garroth? What's happened?" I turned my gaze down to her, worry filling my entire being.

"Lady Cadenza has been kidnapped." Her eyes widened in shock, and we both watched as Richard hurried away up the hill.