Zane

"Sir." Zack was standing in front of me, sword drawn and hanging loosely from his fingers. I stood from where I had been leaning against the wall, arching my back and cracking it.

"I can tell we've arrived." I said testily. He nodded, but motioned to a guard walking towards the docks. She was a young woman with red hair and grey eyes that held a worried expression.

"That's Rosalind. She's with us." I nodded, slowly understanding why we had chosen to dock in broad daylight.

"Let her come aboard." Zack nodded, shoulders tense. He motioned for James, the most experienced sailor of the group, to lower the gangplank. Rosalind stepped onto the planks, making her way onto the slightly rocking ship.

"I am Rosalind, a guard of Phoenix Drop. I am here to check over your vessel to make sure that you intend Phoenix Drop no harm. Please remain on the craft until I am finished." She spoke a little louder than necessary, almost as if to make sure that anyone nearby would believe that she was doing her job. She stepped closer, sheathing her sword, and tossing her hair over her shoulders. "Give me five minutes to 'check' over the ship. Then I'll escort you into the main square." I nodded, leaning against the wall once more.

She proceeded to walk around the ship, and halfway through her inspection, Emma came up from below decks. Her armor was off, making sure to keep her status as a Shadow Knight hidden. Her black hair with the red tips was pulled back with a leather tie, and her grey eyes were quiet and almost disappointed.

"Emma!" I called, and she slowly made her way over to my side. She looked up at me, and with a start I realized that all of the fire had gone from her eyes. I guess she had finally given up on hope that Laurance would ever turn to our side. I know she had been trying for the last month that we had been on this ship. "Is he ready to travel?" She nodded, starting to turn.

"I'll go and bring him up." I let her go, and by the time Rosalind was finished, Emma had brought Laurance to the main deck. His arms were behind his back, being held in place by a strong piece of rope. His eyes were downcast, and his skin was paled from so many days spent in his cell. His clothes were ripped and torn, but he didn't shudder or shiver in the cool spring breeze that blew in across the ocean. He kept his head up high, even if his eyes weren't.

"Are you ready to go?" Rosalind questioned, appearing at my side. I turned to her and nodded, a smirk growing over my face.

"Yes, I am. I'll find my way into the marketplace along with Zack, Elizabeth, and Michael. You bring the others once the sun has reached in peak." She nodded, rolling her shoulders to shift her breastplate.

"Just head off the ship and follow the crowd. It's not too hard to find." turning, I called for the others to come. I grabbed a cloak and pulled it over my shoulders, letting a chuckle escape from my lips. Revenge was almost here.