Kawaii~Chan

"So... how has Garroth been?" I gave Alicia a grin, and she blushed, looking at the ground.

"He's been amazing. I... I don't know how I feel about him..." I giggled, leaning against her.

"I'm glad you found someone." She looked at me and laughed.

"Me too. Dante seems like a wonderful person, and Nekoette is so cute!" We laughed, and I was thrown back to old times. Back when I still didn't try to hide myself behind a persona of happiness and joy.

"Sis? Do you mind if... when we're together... can I call you Nana? To remember when we were younger?" I smiled, hugging my sister tightly.

"Why do you think I haven't been speaking as I normally do? I want to be my true self when I'm with you." She smiled, hugging me back.

"Does Dante know? That you aren't all that you seem to be?" I shook my head, looking at the fabric of the couch beneath us.

"I... I was never going to tell anyone, but when you appeared... I want to tell him, but the time is never right. He's been so busy with the threat of Zane looming over us and making sure that the children are okay... He would be heartbroken if something happened to any of the children." She nodded, giving my hand a squeeze.

"I understand. But Nana?" I looked up into her beautiful black and purple eyes. "Don't wait too long. He will understand, but not if you take too long to tell him." I nodded, giving my sister a soft smile.

"Thank you Alicia." She laughed.

"Why do you call me by my full name?" I shrugged, my mind already somewhere else.

"Perhaps for the same reason you do." We were both thrown down memory lane, reliving old times.

We were disturbed by the front door flying open. I heard footsteps, and Nekoette ran into the room, a scratch on her neck. "Mama!" She cried, leaping into me and holding me close. She was shaking, and her breath came quickly. I held her close, suddenly terrified. Nekoette didn't scared easily.

Dimitri soon followed, coming into the house a bit frightened. I held out my other arm to him, and he melted into me, holding me tightly.

Finally Dante came home. I could see the tension built up inside of him, as well as the fear buried. Alicia stood up, giving me a worried glance. "I'll be on my way." I nodded to her before burying my face in Nekoette's hair.

Dante sat next to me, wrapping his arms around the three of us. We sat there for several long moments before he spoke.

"Kawaii~Chan, nothing happened to you or Lady Aphmau while I was away, right?" I shook my head, and he let out a sigh. "Good."

"Dante? What happened that would scare the children so badly?" He started when I didn't add the honorific, but he sighed, holding me close.

"Dimitri? Can you take Nekoette to Thalia, just to make sure that she's all right?" He nodded, taking Nekoette's hand and pulling her away and out the door. Then Dante sighed, pulling me against his chest. "Oh Kawaii~Chan..." I could hear the fear and anger in his voice.

"Dante, please. What happened to Nekoette?" He frowned, pulling away.

"What happened to adding the honorifics to the end of names? Are you okay?" I nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine. And I'll explain later. But please, tell me what happened." Still confused, he told me what had happened earlier in the day to Nekoette. I started to cry into his chest, terrified for my poor daughter.

He rubbed my back, letting me cry for as long as I needed to. When I was finished, I sat up, wiping the tears away. "And she's alright now?" He nodded, and I exhaled. "Would it be okay if they both stayed here with me tomorrow? I won't let anything happen to them." He smiled, squeezing my hand.

"I know you won't. And I'll stay here with you." I leaned up and kissed him.

"Thank you Dante." Then he pulled away from me, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Alright, now it's your turn. Tell me everything, right now." I closed my eyes, letting my head hang.

"It's about time that you knew Dante." He frowned, keeping my hands in his.

"Knew what?" Opening my eyes, I looked into his crystal blue eyes. I smiled, leaning into him and breathing in deeply.

"That you knew the real me. That you didn't know me as Kawaii~Chan... but as Nana. My given name."