Travis

The next few seconds were mayhem. I fell to my knees and slipped my arms under Katelyn. Her breathing was regular but mine was still racing. Katelyn never fainted. She never screamed. So what was going on?

Thalia was by the side of the other man, a hand on his shoulder and talking quietly to him. His eyes were wide and his mouth moved soundlessly, like he didn't know what to say or what to do.

I stood up, Katelyn in my arms, and placed her on the nearest cot. She looked peaceful as she slept, and I so badly wanted to know what had frightened her so badly.

"Kace? Are you okay?" The name rang a bell in my mind, but I couldn't quite bring what it was to mind.

"The blue haired man took a shaky breath and nodded, his gaze focused on Katelyn. "I... I never really thought I would find her." He murmured, confusion and delight evident in his voice. "I thought I had been searching in vain." Thalia gave him a smile, wrapping her arm around his shoulders and trying to comfort him.

"You knew in your heart she was out there. But honestly? What lead you to Phoenix Drop?" He shook his head again, slightly confused.

"I kept having this dream over and over again."

"And in it you were stumbling through the fog and looking for Katelyn." I finished. He turned to look at me, mouth slightly open and a frown on his brow.

"How did you know?"

"Because she kept having the same dream too, except she could only watch. And then, a few weeks ago, it changed, right?" He nodded, head shaking slowly.

"So we were having the same dream? Except from different perspectives?" I shrugged, it confused my self.

"As far as I can tell. But if that who you are, then that makes you Kacey. Her brother." Kawaii~Chan looked up with a start.

"Katelyn has a brother?" I frowned in her direction.

"Kawaii~Chan? You alright?" She returned my frown, clearly confused.

"Why wouldn't Kawaii~Chan be alright?" I shook my head, putting the mispronunciation as a trick of my brain. I turned back to Kacey, who looked even more confused than ever.

"How do you I'm her brother?"

"She told me. When she started having the dreams, I was the only one she told. I think I earned her trust if you know what I mean." I winked at Thalia who simply smacked me.

"Travis Valkrum you are so lucky your girlfriend isn't awake right now, or you might be the one unconscious!" I rolled my eyes, giving her a good-natured smile.

"Oh take a joke Thalia. She told me because she felt like she could trust me. I didn't force it upon her or anything. Irene." Kacey laughed under his breath before his eyes widened ever so slightly.

"Thalia, shouldn't you be helping the Lady? Travis," with this he glanced at me to make sure he got my name right, "and I can keep talking without you ya know." Thalia smacked her forehead and raced over to Cadenza's side, instantly reverting to her position as healer.

Kacey turned back to me with a hint of shock in his eyes, which was to be expected. "Now, did I hear her right when she said your girlfriend?" I instantly looked over at Katelyn, a light blush on my cheeks.

"M-maybe!" My voice rose, something that always happened when I was nervous. It was the most annoying thing ever.

I had never really taken into account the fact that I had never needed to ask her family's permission if I ever wanted to marry her. I didn't think I would ever meet any of them. But here I was.
Kacey laughed, looking at his sister as well. "I never thought my sister would ever settle down." I chuckled, about to respond. Then a groan sounded from the cot Katelyn was sprawled across. A soft frown was on her brow, and she was rubbing her temples.

"What happened?" She groaned, eyes shut tightly. I walked to her side and sat down next to her. Her head rolled over and she opened her eyes, light blue a bit foggy. I smiled, reaching over and taking her hands in mine.

"You passed out. Everything's alright." She nodded, mind clearly somewhere else. "Hey." She looked up at me again, and again I marveled at how beautiful she was. Even just lying there, she looked like the prettiest woman in the world. She looked like an angel.

"Try and get some sleep okay? Your head must be killing you right now." She nodded, then she shifted around so that her head rested on my lap. I sat shock still for a moment, not expecting that. Then I relaxed and stroked her hair, lulling her slowly to sleep.