Travis

I nervously knocked on her door, stepping back and wringing my hands together. It had been about a month since Katelyn and I had... well... decided that we both... loved... each other. And we hadn't done that much together. I didn't know if anyone else even knew about us.

The door swung open, revealing Katelyn. As always, she took my breath away. Her hair was free of any constraints, spiraling over her shoulder in a cascade of blue. She wore her armor, not an uncommon occurrence, and her claws were hidden somewhere on her person, along with several daggers, I was sure. She smiled, and my heart started pounding. It hadn't been too long ago that I would've never expected that sort of smile from her.

"Hey Travis. What are you doing here?" I gulped, pushing my shoulders back and looking her straight in her beautiful light blue eyes.

"I-I-I was w-wondering if y-y-you might want to h-hang out today?" She grinned, revealing perfect white teeth.

"Are you asking me on a date?" She teased, leaning against the doorframe with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes!" I squeaked, and she snorted, inching back into her house.

"Let me change quickly, and then I'll come 'hang out' with you, alright?" Before I could even agree with her, she had shut the door, the sounds of her footsteps receding.

"Yes!" I pumped my fist, grinning like an idiot. I'm going on my first date with Katelyn!

In just a few minutes, Katelyn opened the door once more, closing it firmly behind her. Her hair was still loose, but instead of her brilliant armor, she wore a blue tunic, black pants, and the black jacket I had given her when we had first started 'seeing' each other. She smiled again, and I reached out my hand to her. With a snort, she wrapped her fingers around mine, and together we started walking away from her house and into the village.

A light snow was coming down, blanketing the village with a beautiful magic. Children shrieked and ran across the street, leaping into piles of snow and throwing balls of ice at each other. I was so happy that Aphmau and Levin had both decided that the children would be safe in Phoenix Drop during all times of the day, seeing as we had what felt like millions of guards here. Phoenix Drop just wasn't right without the laughter of children.

As we walked through the village, my heart pounded faster and faster. I was nervous about someone seeing us, especially if that someone was-

"Katelyn~Sama!" We both froze and looked to the left to see Kawaii~Chan hurrying down the street, a huge smile on her face. I immediately started to loosen my grip on Katelyn's hand, but she didn't let go.

"She was bound to find out sometime. Besides, now we don't have to tell the others. They'll hear it from Kawaii~Chan when she starts screaming." I chuckled, accepting what was to come. I held her hand tightly and moved closer to Katelyn so that it was quite obvious what was going on between us.

"H-hey KC. What's going on?" I tried to act casual, but in reality my heart was pounding faster than I think it ever had. I was terrified, but at the same time excited. When KC found out, it would become official.

She was about to answer when her gaze drifted down and saw our interlocked hands and the closeness between us. Her eyes grew bright, and I saw happiness bubbling up inside of her. I braced myself for the explosion.

"Are you guys... together?" She questioned in an oddly quiet voice. Glancing at Katelyn, I nodded slowly.

"Yes. For about a month now." She sighed, spinning around in a circle and hugging herself.

"I knew it!" She sang, coming to halt before us and hugging the two of us at the same time. "Both if you have been acting different!" Katelyn snorted, pushing Kawaii~Chan away.

"By the Six KC, start acting your age." KC giggled, and instantly I could tell why Dante loved her so much. She was one of those people who would always act young and foolish, someone who could always brighten your day. But she was also one of the best people in the world to confide in, and she was able to help you find the right path.

"Never! I'll always be a little Meif'wa!" She cried, before skipping away towards the market. Something bugged me, something about her words. But then Katelyn laughed, turning to look at me. Her eyes met mine, and I stepped closer to her, brushing away a strand of hair.

Kawaii~Chan may be the perfect woman for Dante. She really was. But Katelyn was meant just for me and me alone. She was fierce, wouldn't go down without a fight, and the loyalist creature in the world. She was also beautiful, kind, and was willing to listen to me talk all day. I fell more and more in love everyday.

"I love you Katy." I whispered, hand resting on her cheek. I didn't care that there were many people around us. All that mattered was her in front of me.

She grabbed my shirt and pulled me into a kiss. I could count the number of times we'd kissed on one hand, but each time it became more a more magical. I guess things always will with Katelyn.