Katelyn

Song: Symphony by Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larson

    "Katelyn!" He called my name, stumbling through the fog. "Katelyn! Where are you?!" I wanted to call back to him, tell him that was here, right here! But my voice was refusing to work, and my legs were refusing to move.

    I watched as he walked farther and farther away from me, leaving me behind.

        But then, I felt released from the cage I had been trapped in. "Kacey!" I screamed, running after him. "I'm in Phoenix Drop! Kacey!" The last thing I saw before I woke up was Kacey's face looking back at me.

        I jolted out of bed, face covered in sweat. I stumbled out of my room and down the steps and onto the front porch. I leaned against the pole, the wind whipping my hair around my face.

        I was breathing heavily and sweat dripped down my face. My heart raced, and I didn't know how to feel.

        "Katy?" I looked to the side to see Travis approaching. I pulled his jacket tighter around my shoulders, looking away. "Is something wrong Katy? You seem..." I looked back at him, frowning slightly.

        "My dream, it... changed. What does this mean? It can't be real, can it?" Before I knew what was happening, he was at my side, arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I blinked in shock before leaning back against him, allowing his body warmth to flow into my shivering bones.

    "Katelyn, if you believe that your brother will find you, then he will. After all, I believed that I'd find true love, and look where I am now." He said the last phrase is a whisper, and I shivered slightly. Not because of the cold, but out of delight.

    I murmured his name, closing my eyes and turning my head so it rested sideways against his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, and suddenly I found that the most soothing sound in the world.

    Slowly, he turned my around so I was facing him. He placed a hand on my chin, tilting it up so I was looking right at him. His arms slipped around my waist, pulling me up against him. My own hands were placed on his chest, and I could feel the vibrations of his heartbeat start to increase. Then he leaned down next to my ear and whispered a phrase I'll never forget.

    With a smile, I pushed myself up into my toes and whispered a phrase in his ear, causing him to grin. I saw the relief and joy flooding through his eyes, but I didn't see anything after that.

    After all, it's rude to kiss someone with your eyes open.