Aaron

The white light faded away, leaving me back in the temple. I can still feel her lips on mine, her hands wrapped tightly around my own. But most importantly, I can still feel the joy burning in my heart.

"I'm a father." I whispered, feeling the thrill running through me once again. Suddenly, something overcame me. It was similar to when I was pulled to the tree, but at the same time different.

Levin and Malachi were sitting on the edge of the bed, watching their little sisters. Lilith was right next to Aphmau, playing very gently with the little bundle. She had beautiful blue eyes that would most likely change as she grew older, black fuzz on top of her head, and very pale skin. She was grabbing at Lilith's hair and fingers, strong enough to hold on.

And the there was Aphmau who was half-asleep. She held the baby loosely, and her head lolled against the pillow. Her hair was sprawled across the pillow, and her skin looked paler than before. But her eyes opened every so often to look down at her daughter, the corners of her lips raising into a smile.

I blinked my eyes open, once more seeing the whiteness of this damned dimension. Then my lips twisted into a smile, and I laughed.

"That was my little girl. My little baby girl." I laughed again, and placed a hand over my heart. "I swear by Lady Irene that I will get back to you, my little angels." I stared into the never ending brightness, thoughts with my family.