Garroth

Wind whipped against my face, pulling the streaming tears off of my faces as soon as they formed. Time was moving slowly, forcing me to stare at the brilliant white light for much longer than I wanted to. Rain pelted my face and clothes, soaking them within seconds. The sky above, once a beautiful blue, was now covered in dreary black clouds and cracking lightning. I felt hands holding me back, wrapped tightly around my arms. I struggled, trying to free myself, but he wouldn't let go.

Energy crackled, forming a box or a cage. And as she pushed out her hands and sent out another bolt of pure white energy, a scream was torn loose from my throat, ragged and heartbreaking. I could hear Nana's scream as well, but then, my ears were filled with a ringing. Constant ringing.

The white light exploded, and taking with it, my very soul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aphmau's eyes were closed tightly, and her brow was furrowed in concentration. Her hands were aimed straight at the flower, and I knew she was trying to channel all of her powers.

"It's not working!" She cried in exasperated tones. Then she started to cry, thick tears rolling down her cheeks. "Why won't it work?" Zoey took a step towards her, but before she could, Thalia was at her side.

"Together Aphmau. We can do it together." Then she placed her hands on top of Aphmau's and took a deep breath. Aphmau closed her eyes once more.

Almost immediately, bright white lights shot out from their intertwined palms and circled the flower. From there, it shot towards the portal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steel clashed on steel, causing the air to ring. Sounds of the injured rang through the air, and my heart froze every time I recognized a voice. Time and time again, my heart grew heavier as my friends were struck down all around me.

I heard a scream from up on the hill. As I turned to look and see which friend I had lost, I felt the cold bite of steel in my side. The world slowly started to turn grey.