Chapter 14: First Match As Grand Slam Champion

Roman's P

Roman's P.O.V.

I was backstage in catering, drinking a water. Charlotte and Seth were going to accompany Tanya to the ring. Tanya was going against Emma tonight. Emma had brought Alicia Fox and Kevin Owens with her as backup, so Charlotte, Dana Brooke, and Seth decided to even the odds. Tonight, my sister from another mother was going to address her victory over Summer last week. I was so proud of her. The first ever female Grand Slam Champion.

"Hey, Bro."

I looked and saw Dean there. I smiled at him as he took a seat across from me. "What's up?" I asked him. "I can't get over Tanya. I still love her, Roman." he explained. My head snapped in his direction. "Dude, you may be my best friend, but are you even hearing yourself? You broke the heart of the one I have always considered family since forever. You hurt her when you went with Summer. Me, Seth, and Sasha were literally the only ones she wanted to talk to." I explained.

He looked down in shame. "You don't know the truth." he told me. I was suddenly confused. "What do you mean?" I asked him. He looked at me with fear and guilt in his blue eyes. "Bro, you can tell me. I won't judge you. I won't yell at you. I won't do anything. Just tell me the truth." I told him.

"I never wanted to hurt Tanya, nor did I want to betray her. It was all Summer's fault. She caused all this. She threatened me. She threatened to hurt Tanya and put her in the hospital to the point where she wouldn't be able to wake up. She demanded a storyline relationship where I betray Tanya for her. I refused, but she threatened that she would kill Tanya in the hospital either by suffocation or by poisoning her. So, I was forced to accept it. Summer was the reason behind this. I never wanted to betray Tanya. I love that woman more then anything I could put into words." he explained.

I was frozen in disbelief. So, Dean left the only woman he ever cared about because of that bitch? That's why she almost killed herself and disappeared that night? Charlotte and Sasha are definitely not going to be happy about this. One, it's because one of them is her older twin sister. Two, the other one is her very best and closest friend.

I then looked at Dean. "You're going to have to tell her." I said. He shook his head and sighed. "I highly doubt she would want me to talk to her. I just can't." he told me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Well, if you can't tell her, I think I know someone who you can tell. Somebody that that will tell her for you." I explained.

"Who?" Dean asked. "Purple hair, legit boss, former Women's Champion. You need to tell Sasha." I told him. "Why her? She hates me just as much as Tanya does." he told me. "But you didn't break her heart, so I highly doubt she will try to kick your ass." I told him as I saw that Tanya's match was next. "I can't." he said. "You want me to tell her?" I offered. He nodded his head as I patted his shoulder.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++