Chapter One

Jimin's POV

I'm nervous, it's my first day of school since I moved. A completely new life here. I'm Park Jimin, I have moved from Busan to Daegu because my parents split up. I am staying with my mom in Daegu while my dad is back in Busan. Though at my old school I was known as 'the weirdo that could be gay' just because I would dye my hair vibrant colors, I still didn't want to move. My mom tried to convince me that going to a new school would be better, though I could tell she just didn't like to be the mother of an outcast. I never had a girlfriend because of all the rumors, which also didn't help the gay theory. I get up starting to get ready for my first day at this new school. I put on a long sleeved, black and white striped shirt and black skinny jeans. I grab my backpack, put on my black converse, and head out the door checking my appearance in the mirror. I run my fingers through my recently dyed, bright orange locks before heading out the door. I get in my car and drive to school since I'm a junior in high school. I park once I have arrived and walk into the school.

I head to the front office to get a print-out of my schedule and locker number. Upon hearing my request, the teacher hands me my schedule and a locker number on a small sheet of paper. My locker is a bit more out of the way from my classes then I would have hoped, I guess that is what happens when you get a locker after school has already started for everyone else. I open the locker and start putting my extra stuff in it. So far this school has a better vibe than my old school which was full of either stuck-up rich kids or kids who couldn't have cared less about their social status and appearance. I automatically stuck out there. I pick up a notebook to put in my locker when it's suddenly slammed shut. I turn to face three upperclassmen all wearing the same devil-like smirks. I glare at them.

"Excuse me, I wasn't done with that." One of the three has about 8 inches on me in height, he has jet black hair, and a few piercings. Another was a few inches shorter than the first with a stocky build and tan skin. The one in between the two is pale, with a thin figure, he is almost the exact height as me but a little taller, with bright mint colored hair. Someone else with vibrantly dyed hair. I feel my face flush as I stare at the mint haired boy. Jeez, he's cute. I snap back into reality before I was able to respond to my weird thought, as the boy with piercing chuckles to the two.

"Aw, what's wrong carrot top?" He looks at my dyed orange hair ruffling it with his fingers. I push him away, glaring. The tanned boy pins me to the locker by my shoulders. I let out a grunt as my back hits the locker. I glare at the owner of the arms that had me pinned to the locker. This isn't the first time I've been slammed against the lockers for no reason, judging by this, it won't be the last either. He stares at me as if expecting something but not getting it.

"What? Fight back! Why won't you do anything? Cry, plead, hit back, do something." I keep my mouth closed. I don't need to cause more of a fight, especially on my first day. Plus, I've gotten used to this by now. The tanned boy shows an expression of anger before flipping me, pressing my front side against the locker.

"Ahh!" I say as pain shoots through my face and chest from the metal of the locker digging into my skin. No one at my last school was this aggressive though.

"Say something. Don't make this so easy." The tanned boy gets closer. I can smell the alcohol on his breath. "Before I really hurt you." Before I have a chance to respond I hear a snap of a pair of fingers.

"That's enough." The voice is deep and quiet but calm. It sends shivers through my body. I feel the arms pinning me let go after hesitating and I turn to see the two boys turn back towards the mint haired boy who had just been observing what happened with a seemingly permanent scowl on his face. I blush again as the mint haired boy eyes me up and down. I send him a small smile once his eyes travel back to my face. Maybe he is nice, but surrounded by bad people. He sees me smile and uses his closest arm to shove me back into the locker. Nope.

"Don't look at me, twink." He glares at me and walks off, followed by the two boys. Once they are gone I turn back towards my locker red faced and flustered. I hear footsteps near. I look up to see a brown haired boy briskly walk towards me. He greets me with a worried smile.

"Are you okay?" I return the smile and nod. Maybe this school is different than my last one. No one cared about me getting bullied there.

"Yeah. They didn't hurt me much. Nothing I'm not used to anyway." His face looks relieved and confused as he continues.

"Are you new here?" I shot him a friendly smile.

"Yeah. I moved here a week ago. I'm Park Jimin." He smiles back, his smile is large and box shaped. It's so bright it could put the sun to shame.

"Kim Taehyung." He responds. His focus then shifts back to earlier. "Sorry about those kids. That's Yoongi, and his gang. They are really the only thing you will have to worry about here. Just don't get close enough to them that they could hurt you or antagonize them and you should be fine. Usually people just give them what they want to get it over with quicker. They are known for using drugs, drinking alcohol in and out of school, and just being overall horrible people. Even most of the teachers are afraid of them. None of them try in school either. I'd be surprised if any of them actually graduated." He chuckles. The mint haired kid didn't really strike me as that type. It's horrible what the wrong crowd will do to people. Taehyung talks a bit more about other things to look out for in the school before sighing. "Well, we best be heading to class. What's your first period?" I show him my schedule. Taehyung shows off his boxy smile. "Guess we're going to the same place." He chuckles as he wraps his arm around my shoulder and we walk to class. Have I already been accepted by someone? Maybe changing schools wasn't such a bad idea after all.

We walk into the classroom and Taehyung breaks away from me walking to his seat which was in the back. The teacher looks in my direction.

"Park Jimin! Welcome!" The teacher leads me to the front of the classroom. "Class, this is our new student, Park Jimin. He came all the way here from Busan." He ushers me to speak.

"You can call me Jimin though." I squeaked.

"Jimin, sit next to Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi, raise your hand." The name sounded familiar. I watched as a mint haired boy slowly raises his hand. As I direct my attention towards him, I feel my face heat up. That boy from the hallway. My stomach starts to churn, I have a bad feeling about this. As I walk towards the seat next to the so called 'Min Yoongi' I glance at the students. They wear looks of subtle fear and pity. I shake off their gaze as I put my stuff down next to the kid. How bad could he be? But before I sit down in the chair it's slid out from under me causing me to fall to the floor.

"Twink," I hear the person to my left faintly mumble. I turn to look at the chair and the foot that pushed it out from under me. It belonged to none other than the mint haired boy himself.

"Min Yoongi! This is your first warning before I send you to the principal's office!" I look up at the mint haired kid who seemed unaffected by the teacher's threat as he rolled his eyes. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turn to an outstretched hand that helps me to my feet. A tan kid with brown hair that droops close to his eyes. It's Taehyung.

"Just ignore him," Taehyung says. He offers me a smile as I sit in my chair.

"Thank you, Kim Taehyung." The teacher nods towards the tan kid. I look over to the mint haired kid who glares at the desk as he scratches illegible words into it. What a nightmare.