Chapter Forty Two

Yoongi's POV

I finished my shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed in pajamas I had grabbed from my room. Thankfully the bathroom wasn't connected to my room, so I was able to take a shower without disturbing Jimin, who I assumed would be asleep by now. I quietly walked out of the bathroom past my bedroom door to get to the couch. Before I completely passed my door a noise caught my attention. I got closer to the door a pressed my ear against it. I could hear faint whimpering. I slowly turned the doorknob and opened to door. Jimin hugged his knees to his chest and covered his face with his arms as he sat on my bed part way under the covers, quietly crying. I quickly make my way to his side and wrap my arms around him.

"Jimin, what's wrong?" The small boy wipes his tears with his hands and slightly sniffles.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I pull the boy closer and use my hand to direct his face towards mine.

"No Jiminie, you didn't wake me up. Even if you did it wouldn't matter. What's wrong?" I wipe a tear that rolls down his cheek away with my thumb.

"It's just..." His voice trails off.

"Jiminie, you can tell me." I kiss the orange haired boys cheek which was wet from his tears. He looks down, not wanting to make eye contact.

"My mom. When she saw us, she called me a disgrace, a disappointment, and she called us disgusting. I can't help but feel worthless when my own mother tells me these things." I pull the boy closer to me. There was a bit of silence before I spoke.

"I can't make her words go away, or hurt less. I can't make her understand. But I can assure you, that you are kind, intelligent, and the farthest from a disgrace that I've ever seen. I can also hug you until you feel a little better." I've never been good with offering consoling words or making people feel better. I've had more practice with hurting others unfortunately. Jimin's tear stained face relaxes and his lips curl into a small smile before he nestles himself closer to me.

"Thank you hyung." I hold the smaller boy as we remain silent for a bit. "Hyung?" I hum in response. "Could you sleep here with me?" A smile makes its way on to my face.

"Of course Jiminie. Get some rest." I laid back and pulled the orange haired boy's body against mine, letting sleep overtake me.