Chapter Fifty Nine

Yoongi's POV

I was on my way home from Jimin's. I'm glad I was able to avoid that woman, that person who claims to be my mother. Who is she to just waltz back into my life? That is not how it works. I get to the entrance to my apartment building. She is not there. I walk inside the lobby, no one there. I just need to keep a lookout so I don't bump into her later. I lug my stuff into my apartment when I suddenly met with a different aroma. Something was different. I look to the sofa in the center of the living room. Sat there is the witch herself.

"What the fuck?" That was all I could get to leave my mouth.

"There you are. I was wondering when you would get home. Where have you been?" She seemed calm and collected. Everything about her was just like it had been but slightly different. I couldn't tell what was different.

"What the...fucking...what are you doing in my apartment?" She remains calm but voice gets stern.

"Is that any way to talk to me?" I start to yell. Words flooding out of me.

"What the fuck? Get out! You can't just show up uninvited and break into my fucking apartment!" She looks at me blankly. By now I'm breathing heavy.

"Are you done?" Everything in me wanted to slap her across the face and throw her out of my apartment, but another part remembers that, though a horrible one, she is my mom and she did come back. I sit down on a separate chair and rub my face letting out an exasperated sigh.

"How...did you even get in here?" She looks slightly embarrassed.

"I paid the manager to let me in." Wow, that's great to know. That when it came down to it, I can't trust anyone to keep even my own apartment safe. I sigh.

"What are you even doing here? Why did you come back?" She doesn't respond immediately.

"Sweetie, when your father passed..." I interject.

"Don't call me sweetie." She continues anyway.

"We were broke Yoongi. Your father was our only source of income and we were in major debt. I didn't want that to be pinned on you, so I left. I got a job in an attempt to pay them off. Which I was able to do...mostly." I rub my face.

"Why did you come back?" She scoffs.

"Because I care about you Yoongi, I missed you. You're my son." For some reason, I didn't believe her. I figured, for now, it was better to stop arguing. A few minutes go by of silence before she decides to speak.

"So you uh... dyed your hair?" I roll my eyes a bit. I had a feeling she would bring it up at some point. She had always not allowed me to dye my hair when I was a kid, so after it was pretty clear she was not coming back, I dyed it.

"Yup." The conversation seemed to stop for a little while. It just made the atmosphere more uncomfortable.

"So this is your apartment? It's uh-small." I glare towards her.

"Well, what did you expect? A teenager can't exactly make enough money to afford a mansion." She nods.

"I met your friend the other day." I nod. Doubt she knows Jimin and I are dating. She doesn't even know I'm gay. Jesus this is gonna get awkward. "He seemed nice. He said he was your best friend if that narrows it down." I nod and roll my eyes.

"I was at his house actually, yesterday. He told me you came to my school?" She nodded.

"Did you really not want to see me?" I think it over in my head.

"Honestly, no. I've been doing pretty fine on my own and I didn't want to hear your reason for being back." She scoffs.

"From what I can tell, I wouldn't exactly say you are doing fine." I abruptly stand up.

"I was doing fine enough. I was finally happy at least." I walked off into the kitchen. God, why did she have to come back? I quickly text Jimin, who had already sent me a message.

Jiminie: How are things there? Any sign of your mom?

Jiminie: Everything okay?

Yoongi: Not exactly. My mom broke in...she is in my apartment now.

Jiminie: Really?! How did she do that?

Yoongi: She paid the manager to let her in.

Jiminie: Jeez. Have you talked to her?

Yoongi: A bit. I really want her to leave though.

Jiminie: Do want me to come over and take some of the pressure off you?

Yoongi: Thanks but I'll inevitably have to talk to her so I'd rather get it out of the way now.

Jiminie: Alright. I wish you luck. Talk with you later.

Yoongi: See ya Jiminie.

When I glance up from my phone, I notice my mom looking towards me.

"What?" I say harshly.

"Who you talking to?" She responds lightly.

"What does it matter?" She stands up and flutters her eyelashes.

"Was it a girl?" I glare at her in disgust.

"No." She raises her eyebrows.

"Any cute girl you are dating?" Cute...yes. Girl...no. I'm not going to tell her that though.

"No." She wears a look on her face that makes it look like she is taking a mental note.

(A/N: When I'm a thirsty author lol. Please check out my other story called 'You're my Drug (Yoonmin)' it would mean the world. Thank you for reading this far. Can you even believe the story is almost over?)
https://my.w.tt/EEWvUApFZT