Chapter Nineteen

Yoongi's POV

I sit in a desk by the window. This isn't the first time I've been in detention, but it is the first time I've been this stressed during it. Carrot sat in the front of the classroom, of course. He sticks out like sore thumb being the only innocent, good student among the rest of the delinquents. I know I can't be the only one who noticed this. That was when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jackson walk towards him. Shit. I quietly slam my finger on the desk in anger. Peace had been kept between Jackson and me for so long and now it's going to be broken. Jimin seems to notice his presence as he turns and faced Jackson.

"What's a twink like you doing in detention?" I shouldn't let this bother me. If Jimin can stand up to me he can certainly stand up to Jackson.

"I was talking during class." Jeez, could he sound anymore nerdy? Is he trying to get his ass kicked? Jackson turned towards his friends and laughed. What losers.

"Yup, he's a bitch." His words started to make my face burn and anger boil within me. He's not talking to me, why do I care so much?

"I am not a bitch. This is detention, you're supposed to not cause problems." Damn it, carrot! Why is he trying to make it worse?

"What are you going to do about it?" Instead of replying, Jimin faces the front of the classroom and attempts to ignore them. This should have been the decision to of made earlier.

"Hey. Look at me when I'm talking to you." When Jimin remained silent, Jackson grabbed him by his shoulders and pushed him to the ground. I had to restrain from getting up. Why can't I just ignore them and let that carrot get his ass kicked? He did mouth off to me after all, why would I care what happens to him? Jimin collected himself up and sat back in his seat without a word. He seems so used to this. I don't mess with him that much, do I? Almost right when Jimin sits down, Jackson's hands are on him again, jerking and thrashing him around. The rage in my stomach hadn't ceased, it only grew.

"Stop it." Jimin pleaded. His voice sounded innocent and weak, like a child. It only made anger burn in me more. I should be the only one who's allowed to mess with carrot. Just me.

"What are you going to do about it twink, you gonna cry? Huh?" I heard him squeak quietly in pain as Jackson continued to slam him into the edge of the desk. This time my whole hand slammed on the desk. The sound seemed to echo through the small classroom. I could see heads turn towards me as I stood up. "Y-Yoongi, want to take a crack at this twink?" I saw through Jackson. He's scared of me. He just wanted to seem friendly, but Jackson wasn't what I cared about.

"Leave him alone Jackson." Jackson's face holds a playful smile as he puts his hands on Jimin again, jostling him around.

"Aww, we were just having a little fun with him." I wanted to burn his hands off Jimin. I've seen what his hands have done before. Jimin is too pure for his monster hands. I decide to ignore my increasingly weird thoughts. I've done worse than Jackson. I shouldn't be talking.

"I'm the only one who is allowed to mess with him." I keep my voice as serious and intimidating as possible in attempts to get him to back off without a fight.

"Aww are you sweet on him?" I ignore him.

"Let him go, Jackson." That's when his smile turns crooked and evil.

"Go cry to your mom about it...oh wait!" Oh...hell no. Not a second passed before my fist collided with the side of his face. That was all it took to make him back off. Once he knows you mean business, Jackson usually backs down...like a coward. A stupid fucking coward. I feel my eyes start to warm up and fill with hot tears. Fuck, maybe I'm a coward too. I look down to see carrot staring at me. A stare full of relief, confusion, happiness, and concern. How could one glance be full of so many emotions? How could one glance do so much to me? I couldn't stand his gaze. I was already about to cry. Damn, why have I become so emotionally unstable? It's that stupid carrot. Him and his precious, innocent face, and his strong, fiery attitude. He has flipped my emotions around. A few tears roll down my face as I storm down the hallway.

I turn a corner to a little closed off corridor. I lean my forehead against the wall. I let out a quiet sob. Today has been such an emotionally stressful day, Jackson bringing up the fact my parents are gone didn't help. Jackson was one of the very few people who knew about my mom and dad before they abandoned me. Am I seriously destined to be abandoned by everyone? Ever since they left, every friend I've had just wants me around to gain something. Jackson was no different. He was my friend for a little while before I just completely shut myself away from everyone. He just wanted people to fear him like they do me. I run my fingers in my hair. Letting out a few more sobs before I hear a sound. A quiet, innocent voice.

"Yoongi, what's wrong?" I turn to face the orange haired boy. I shake my head a force a laugh.

"Why are you here carrot?" He puts his hands on his hips.

"Yoongi, I asked you a question." I look at Jimin sternly as he stares back at me almost mimicking my expression. I look at his eyes. His eyes are dark brown, I look at his face almost for the first time. His lips are full and pink, his forehead is wrinkled as he looks at me. His orange hair falls almost to his eyes but parted showing some of his forehead. He doesn't look scared when he looks at me, like all the other kids at this school. Jimin looks at me with pure kindness and concern. Jimin's face softens as he take his hands off his hips letting out a sigh. "You don't have to tell me what's wrong, Yoongi. I wanted to say thank you for sticking up for me. You probably don't care but if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here." I continue looking down at my feet. Before I could respond, I feel two thin, soft arms wrap around me, pulling me into a hug. That's when I broke. I began to sob on the shoulder of this orange haired boy. He pulls me tighter. When we broke the hug I felt my face was hot and butterflies filled my stomach. I wanted to keep hugging him forever. I finally for once didn't feel like I was completely alone. A feeling only Jimin has been able to make me feel. Only this innocent, carrot haired boy.

"Jimin..." He looked up at me.

"Yes, Hyung?" I couldn't take it anymore. I don't know why I was about to do this.

"I'm sorry." I lean in a kiss the orange haired boy.