Chapter Twelve

Jimin's POV

I attempt to end the conversation with the girl as I give my undivided attention to the club leader. I don't even know this girl. Why was she talking to me? The club leader stands in front of the group.

"Hello everyone. I've listened and assessed each of the songs you guys composed and I have created a partner project to follow." Kids around the room started scanning the class, attempting to snag a partner. The teacher responds quickly.

"No, no. I will be assigning partners. Your partners will be based on each style you would be paired best with. I have already have the list." A sigh breaks out around the group. The teacher looks down at the clipboard she holds beginning to call out names. Please don't put me with that girl. It would be my luck to be partnered with her.

"Partners will be as followed: Namjoon and Hoseok, Jungkook and Taehyung..." My name continues to not be called. Of course my friends are partnered together, leaving me to be subjected to being partnered with someone I don't know.

"Jimin and Yoongi..." I feel like I coughed out a lung. I turn around searching for Yoongi. I meet his eyes, he sits in the back of the group. Of course! My luck. I forgot he is in this club. My face burns as he continues to scowl at me. I turn to face my friends who all wear expressions of pity.

"Sorry Chim," Jungkook whispers. The rest of people are put in partners and the club leader continues talking about the assignment. I can feel the gaze of sharp eyes on my back.

"You and your partner will listen to each other's piece, and then compose one together that highlights both styles of writing." The project sounds interesting. I just wish I was paired with one of my friends. "Break off into your partners and you can start listening and talking about each other's composition." People start to get up and move around, breaking into partners. I take a deep breath. Fear is rippling through my body. Yoongi hates me enough, now he is in charge of my grade too? I'm not going to do an entire project by myself. I get up and slowly walk over towards Yoongi, keeping my head facing the ground. As I approach, I hesitantly speak.

"S-so you're my partner." Yoongi rolls his eyes.

"I guess they do accept garbage." I hear him mumble. Suddenly my anger takes over a bit. A sudden burst of confidence surged through me.

"You don't need to be an ass, Yoongi. We both have to work on this project to get a good grade." He glares towards me.

"Why would I want to work with you?" Before I get a chance to respond to Yoongi's rude comment, I hear a voice.

"Jimin oppa?" I hear the girl from before innocently say. I look towards her. She holds her hands in front of her body, interlaced.

"Oh, h-hi." She keeps up the innocent act.

"Do you want to hang out after school today?" My face burns. She seems nice and is pretty, but she kinda makes me uncomfortable. I try to think of a response that won't hurt her feelings. Before I can respond, Yoongi interjects.

"He can't. He is working with me on this project after school." I watch as her face shifts from Yoongi to me. I nod my head which causes her to turn around and return to her partner. I release the breath I had apparently been holding the entire time.

"Thanks." I say quietly to Yoongi. He glares at me.

"For what?" I look down at my hands.

"I didn't know how to turn her down." He shoots back with a rude question.

"Do you not like girls or something? I only said that because I'm not about to fail this project or do it all on my own." I decided to just roll my eyes instead of responding to his statement.

"Let's just get this project done." I hand him my computer with the song loaded on it. "Do you want to listen or not?" After a moment of hesitation, Yoongi takes my computer and hands me his. I plug in my headphones and start to listen. I'm immediately met with a familiar tune. It's the song he played the first time I came into this room except this time I can clearly hear his voice. I sit in awe, absorbing all the sounds. The song picks up pace and sends chills down my neck. He really is so talented. If only he tried in school or was nice to people, then everyone would be able to see how talented he is.